March 21st and 22nd Special new shoes and an EEG

Aghhh it kills me that I can't post the pictures from these days, but I will love adding them in later!  

Little isaac is having a hard time learning to just stand...  This is a skill that I know I have taken for granted in our other children.
Our three all walked between ten and twelve months old!
Isaac, because he is what they call a "low tone" baby had been very slow to even bear weight on his legs.  Because of this his little feet and toes just HATE the "being touched" sensation of the ground and he curls his toes and rocks to the outside of his feet.  
We have physical therapy three times a week, and our therapist called an Orthotist to just come out and take some measurements, just to see what he thought.  The Orthotist was so patient!  Imagine trying to get exact measurements of the curls in a baby's toes while they are squirming!!!!  He deserves a medal of some kind. :-)  I made homemade cinnamon rolls, and I think that was reward enough, as far as he was concerned. ;-)  
After he was done taking measurements I got to pick out the design and color for the straps.  I think as far as braces on little feet go, they will be very cute. The next morning I got everyone up and dressed and to my friends house by 11, that was a huge feat, I also had to bathe and dress the baby. No big deal you're thinking... Until I tell you that the night before we kept the baby up until midnight and got him up and out of bed at 6!  Now you're starting to get the gravity of my accomplishments for the morning!  The reason behind making sure I had a sleep deprived, cranky, hungry baby??? Our first EEG.  We showed up right on time, and they took us back to a room with soft lighting a large, very high off the ground hospital bed, and two large sets of monitors and cameras.  Natalia was our technician. She is a 68yr old ukranian woman with a bright red hair. Maybe 5 ft tall in heels, and so so sweet!  
I went expecting to get done good reading done, maybe listen to a little music while I crocheted, Miss Natalia had other plans for me. "Mumee you geet up here with bubee, and when bubee sleeps, mumee sleeps."  Easier said than done!  "Bubee" didn't want to sleep!  Bubee wanted to play, mumee was up in the bed with him, there were fun new people to play with!   Eventually he did go to sleep, that's when the large flash bulb hanging over the bed starting going berzerk.  It was amazing that he could sleep with the flash bulb going off, and the electrodes in his hair!  Thirty minutes later he woke up feeling very refreshed, and mumee had a headache!  ;-)  We stopped at Starbucks to buy my friend a thank you coffee and picked up my kiddos.  
The results came back normal which is a relief, but we are no closer to figuring out what caused the seizure two weeks ago.

Comments

  1. So glad to get the rest of this story. Very cute by the way. It made me laugh, and baby's feet are adorable.

    Love the sound of those cinnamon rolls...I would have worked for them too.
    Much Love
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts