April 21 From 4 to 8!

When I ended my last blog I honestly thought that they had been placed with another family... Wait, wait, I'm getting ahead of myself.
We got up feeling a little melancholy.  The night before, we all went to bed thinking about those four little people, even our children prayed for them, that they were in a good home, with good parents.  Trey prayed that they would be taken care of by people that loved the Lord.   This morning I received a text from the on-call worker saying that they hasn't been placed yet, she said, "fingers crossed". I thought eyes closed and knees bent!  You know that feeling of panic you get just before you commit to something? I sent out a quick text for people to pray. We weren't praying that we would get them, but for God's best for them. Two hours later another text,  "Still not placed, getting police involved."   This is how God worked this out.
1.)  Interest peaked. "A baby, a little girl."
2.)  A mother's heart engaged. "They are going to split them up."
3.)  An authority's heart changed.
"We talked to the director, and your home supervisor who all agreed, you're the only home we think could handle this."
4.)  Praying for God's intervention in their lives. (still, not praying that we would get them!)
5.) Panic and submission.
On my own taking on 4 more children, in our same house, with our same vehicles, it seems crazy!
But I am only good at a few things. I rock in the kitchen. And I love being a mom. This is how I can serve Him with my talents.

That afternoon Terry called. "Are you still interested in this placement, and if so, can I bring them out now?"  After having gone through those 5 steps, how could we say no? So I drove in to town, met them in the Walmart parking lot and met these 4 precious little ones.  On the way in I called David, "How are we going to afford the stuff they are going to need tonight?", he said, "You still haven't gone to get the new tags for the van, right? Use that money, get everything we will need, and we will wait on God for the money."  Can you believe that? That is honestly how he sees it!  Oh me of little faith.  ;-)  
I won't lie... At the end of our first solo walmart trip with 8, I was frazzled!  By the time we got back home I was nearly in tears. But David got home short after I did. He gathered all the kids, laid down the law, and helped restore order.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts