April 6 Audiology and more Aunt Kiki time

This morning I woke up to a little nephew!  Love him!!!  "Guess what Aunt Dano?  I stayed dry!  Now I really really need to go potty!"  Big boy stayed dry all night! I was so glad he felt comfortable enough with us to come looking for me! The two of us got up, had a slug of grape juice, watched a little Franklin, and played the car game on my phone.  His momma was downstairs in "the cave" catching up on a little sleep.  Everyone that stays with us says it's the best night sleep they've ever had!  It's dark and quiet and that bed...  
When everyone started getting up our kids were excited to eat our granola with yogurt, I think it was a hit with Kimberly and Landon too. :-)  After a seizure they want to check everything, so two weeks ago it was the eeg and heart, today it's the Audiologist.  I was so sorry to leave kiki and the boys, but when you foster you don't really have the option of canceling. When we got to the hospital two women walked us back to a little room. Attached to the little room was an even smaller room with two chairs.  I sat and held the baby on my lap on the chair my lovely assistant is sitting in and one of the women sat facing us. It was really neat!  Two huge speakers in either corner of the room, beneath them in dark glass boxes, toys that light up and make fun noise if the child looks in the right direction.
The results are immediate, which is satisfying. And his hearing is fine. :-)  They will repeat the test in six months.
When we got home I was shocked to see piles of folded clothes!  No, you can't have my sister for the day. ;-)  Love you kiki!

Sent from myTouch 4G

Comments

  1. Hahaha! Geeez, selfish! ;) jk jk We did LOVE that granola - I'll definitely be making some as soon as we're back home!!! Thank you for letting us come crash there! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts