April 8 Final Visit, and fun at the park.

I know I said Isaac had his final visit a few weeks ago, but with his bio mom in the hospital...her part was postponed until today.  To tell the truth I've been more nervous about this one.  I've had his outfit picked out for a week.  I gave him a bath, clipped his nails, lathered him up with cocoa butter.  I've even been treating his excema aggresively.  All in preparation for this last visit.  
After therapy this morning we headed up to visit.  After we got him settled with the worker we went to the park up the street.  There were two visitation supervisors there to keep an eye on things.  
According to them he was fussy, which doesn't really surprise me, he pretty much only wants me or David lately.  Also, he hadn't seen her in a month, so, anyway, it was even more sad to me.  After I had him buckled, I saw her (the bio mom) walking away from the center. She was visibly crying and upset, if I had thought it would have helped at all I would have pulled over and hugged her. :-(

At the park our kids had a great time.  A gentle hill and a picnic blanket is all you need sometimes.    

Comments

  1. is this the baby? are they really letting you keep him? it is sad for the mom...but am happy for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I ditto what Lisa said. It is all so hard, sad, sweet wrapped into one.

    I pray for Russel, Olga and Eddie's Dad to this day. I feel very badly for him. Their Mama is not living.
    Olga and I talk about her Dad from time to time. God never intended families to live in such sorrow. Our enemy has come to bring destruction... but Jesus has come to bring life. Thank you Jesus. I'm so happy for those kids to have you and David.

    Love the look of that Baked French Toast on previous post, and the Melon balls in 7up sound so good too. Will have to make some.
    Love you lots,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so so glad it is over. I feel sorry for her but really and truly she should be so glad that her baby is now yours. You are such a wonderful mom and I now that it must comfort her knowing that her baby is in your hands.

    I have just realized that you have updated a lot and I need to do some serious reading now :)

    MUCH LOVE
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts