March 15th-17th More hospital stuff


I told you last time that our kids were very sick this last week... Well tues Abi just didn't look right. Trey and Benji had been running fevers around 103, not eating and just laying around. I called the dr and he said, "I have a good idea what's going on, but I would still like to see them all." So after showers for everyone we loaded up and went into town. All of the children were tested for flu and srtep. The two oldest boys came back positive for the flu. Abi was still negative and Alex has what the dr called a sympathy cold. ;-) After giving abi another once over he said, "I know we already did x-rays, and tests, but I really think she needs to go to the hospital, have blood work done and make sure we're not missing anything."
David stayed home with all the boys and Abi and I went to the hospital. Having just spent the night in the hospital just ten days ago I came prepared this time. Comfy skirt, phone charger, and pj's for Abi. They drew blood, re-did her x-rays, and she was such a trooper!  I think I cried more than she did over the IV.  Everything came back negative, again, but they sent us home the next morning being assured that it was nothing scary.  The next day our Mimi sent up a fun bag of stickers, a new white board and markers!  
We love you Mimi!
Foster side note:  The bio mom checked herself into a mental health hospital and when one of the workers called to tell me that she said, "We see this kind if thing a lot, trying to get a continuance in their case."  Freaked out about the possibility of the mom not being terminated on Issaac because of mental status I called the lawyer. When I explained my fear she said, "Whoever told you that watches too much court tv, I'm very good at my job."  That was good enough for me. :-)
Sent from myTouch 4G

Comments

  1. I am so glad little Abi is ok. Such a cute little bug. Now explain Mimi. I think it is Grandma... your Mama? Nothing better than getting little sweet packages in the mail when you little is there So sweet.

    It would seem like the bio Mom would hurt her case by checking herself into a mental hospital... but I guess I don't know about these things. Glad to hear your lawyers response. How's baby?
    Much love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mimi is my mom. We call my grandma Great Mimi. :-) She has used that white board every day for school since then! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts