10-17 Baptism and family

Wow, what a day!!! 


Faded Full Immersion Youth Baptism"He who believes and is baptized will be saved. . ." Mark 16:16


Of course all day yesterday I was making sure that the clothes I wanted all of us to wear were clean.
That all the kids were bathed.  Abi and I even had our hair-cut.  :-D  I cut hers, and David cut mine. 
We were up and ready this morning, excited to get our day under way. 
Driving into our church parking lot and seeing my grandparents there. . . that was special.   We walked in together, and had a little coffee, talked while the kids played with their friends.  Next we walked down the hall and into the service where my parents and siblings were all waiting for us.  My little ones ran to my parents and piled on.  :-D   I have a great pic, but it will have to wait until I have the legal go ahead.  ;-)
Meanwhile in the men's restroom David and Trey were getting "dressed" for the event and when they were ready and waiting for the pastor to come and retrieve them, David asked Trey if he could pray for him.  They talked about how this was a special moment in a young man's life, that some-day he might be standing here, praying with his own son. . .  Oh, it made me tear up when David told me about later.  He is leaving his legacy with our son. 
The stained glass doors parted and there they were.  Standing there in their white robes.


We went and talked to Pastor Todd three weeks ago, and Trey told him his testimony.  He told him how his daddy was in the shower and they were talking about heaven, and how when he was out of the shower, still dripping and with a towel wrapped around him, they prayed together.    He was able to explain to Pastor Todd that we are baptized in water to signify the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.  And that we also do it in obedience to Christ.  
Pastor Todd talked about his testimony.  The when and where.  Asked Trey if he died today, where would he go?  And then he turned him over to his daddy.

                          "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

Then my grandpa got up and prayed for him.  Let me just say, my grandpa is a HUGE influence in my life.
He did our pre-marriage counseling, was there every time a baby is born, and dedicated our children as well.
When I was little he would let me go to the church with him, and play on the floor of his office while he prepared his sermon.  My grandma tells the story, that I would greet people at the door and ask if they would like to see my Grandpa/pastor.  :-D  I have always been proud that I had the coolest, funniest, grandpa/pastor around.  Another legacy.   


This was such a special day.  We will remember and talk about it forever.  What a blessing it is to have a church family, and an earthly family around us when our young man made his public profession of his faith in Our Great God.  

  

Comments

  1. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. So precious. Life's little moments add up to some precious memories for you and the family. Good to see your Grandpa praying over his first born GREAT- Grandson! Awesome. Focus on the joy of your son coming into the kingdom today if you are feeling sad about Billy. Love ya. Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious story. Congratulations! Sounds like you are definitely surrounded by love and I know you're so proud of sweet Trey. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special blessed moment! You brought me right back to when I was baptized and how wonderful it was! What a blessing to have your grandpa and Trey's great grandpa give the prayer! I loved hearing about when you were a little girl and played in his office. I can just picture you!

    I love the pretty fall background!

    Thank you for your sweet sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so enjoyed reading this Danielle, It is so important and so sweet because you will remember this so well when you look back years from now and read it all over again. and I just loved how you captured it all for those of us who are so far away. What a wonderful day!! Praise the Lord YAY!!

    LOVE YOU
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very precious Danielle, so happy to be a part of it all. I love seeing Trey's sweet little head peering through the Baptismal window. And I also love hearing about when you were a little girl and about your Grandpa. Lovely new background and layout. Would love to have that cup of tea with you and the girls and all the babies and kiddies. A cozy thought.

    Much love always,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts