A long day

I vow to blog the truth, and nothing but the truth.

Today has been hard. 

It started off great.  Woke up to a shining and clean clean house. Long hot shower while the baby slept.   Made AMAZING breakfast roll, cake, yummy things.  Had a cup of hot tea in one hand as I met the social worker and our home supervisor.
Then reality hit. 

They came out again this morning because of more allegations.  The bio mom has had 7mo to take a stand, do what the state is requiring.  Now that the sand is beginning to run out, she is pulling out all the stops. 
I won't go into the details of the new allegations. . . for safety reasons, but suffice it to say that our own county was also called.  Thankfully, they decided that since they had already been out to our home once, investigated thoroughly that time, that they did not need to come out again.  Praise the Lord, He shows Himself in the small mercies.  The social worker read me the list of concerns between bites of breakfast.  They are more ridiculous, and out-landish than last time.  Partly it makes it easier.  They are so obviously ludicrous that it takes very little time to get through them.  
Little rabbit trail. . .  I did not know that people in the real world were like this family.  I honestly thought that the stories they tell us in training were for effect.  I know that our home supervisor will laugh if she reads this. . . but honestly, the naivete is wearing off, and it hurts. 
 That said.  They are looking at the grandma for custody now.  We had a long talk about all the baby's needs.  How they would possibly handle a special baby in day care.  If being raised by elderly grandparents was really in the children's best interest.  I cried.  We ate.  We reviewed the facts and laws.   Then they left.  We ran to visitation and then home.
The grandma has just called and said that they are running 90 min late to pick the boys up for their visit tonight.  So, dinner plans scrapped.  Car shopping scrapped.  Cereal for dinner and we'll just pick up the house again in an hour. 
I am really having to place all these worries in the Lord's hands.  My friend sent me this verse after I literally acosted her with my typing. 

Proverbs 2:8 NLT "He guards the paths of justice and protects those who are faithful to Him"


Lord,
Help me to LEAVE my worries with you.  Help me to not take out my frustrations on people who love me.
Help us as we tend to our little garden of young "plants" here.   Help me to show my children who are watching, a reflection of you!

Comments

  1. Hang in there sister. I'm sending petitions to the Father. Love you, Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I am thinking of you and praying for your family. Just imagine how beautifully refined you will be once you have gone through these fires. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Danielle. I loved the scripture. You say it three times a day! :D Much love,

    ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh sweetie I am soo very sorry you are going through all of this!!! I will be praying for you!!! {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, u are just going through WAY to much=( i'm always here if u need to vent, praying, love ya, lese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank y'all for praying!!
    His mercies are new every morning!
    This morning I woke up to three messages from Dr's and nurses and staff offering to come to court with me. :-D I have a great support system and y'all are such an important part of that.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just have to ditto all the above comments Danielle. I am saying prayers for you right now; asking the Lord to strengthen you... that is my petition this week around here as well.
    Much love always,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts