The truth

I am going to start this blog with an apology.  Mostly to myself, but also to any-one that has been reading this.  This is supposed to be an honest look at our life, and I have fallen into that, write about the fluff trap.
Please, don't mis-understand. . . I LOVE fluff.  I have posts that I read that are WONDERFUL WONDERFUL fluff!  I have posts that I read when I feel like a visit home.  And when I need a baby fix or baby fixes.  I have other posts that I go to hear a mother's heart for her home and family and her walk with the Lord.  I read and enjoy too many to post here, but those are in my top ten.  :-D   All of that being said, I have reverted to the easy writing, in these stressful times I have chosen to focus on the brighter spots.  Decorations, recipes and parties that I horned in on.  :-D  
So, here goes.
Grief: annoyance or trouble
4 weeks ago our visitation worker, (whom we LOVE!!!) asked us if we could do visits on Sat afternoon.
Denial:  I laughed.  Give up our ONLY family day???? HA, laughable, she agreed and said that she would report that it was not possible. 3 weeks ago she came back to me, and said that "The Judge" had made it an order.  Sat from 12-2 for the bio dad of Alex.  YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! 
Anger:  Needless to say I threw a little fit.  3 visitations a week????  3?????  I'm already running around like a headless chicken the days we have at home with therapists and school.  Not to mention the house, laundry, friends, church functions and date night. All this while David's job is very day to day, never knowing if he will need to drive 30min or 2hr and 30min.
Throw a fit . . check. 
Bargaining:  The next idea was that they would cut down the visits with the bio mom to once a week, yes, it will be for 3 hours, but it will be once a week, instead of twice.  HUGE HUGE difference!  That would mean that I would have one day of no therapists, or visitation!  (This is still in the "works". No progress there at all.)  this is me being shocked.  :-O)
Depression:  You can ask any of my friends at church that I did this one well.  I excelled at it actually.  I think that if pouting could be an Olympic sport I could medal!  ;-)  I was not happy. 
About this time the grandmother of the baby started making accusations. . . actually filing a grievance with the social worker accusing us of some not nice things, so we had to make her visits more formalized.   No more of them coming to have dinner with us, or joining our family outings.  So, the GAL and the social worker worked out a visitation schedule.  Bringing the grand total of visits to 4 a week!  4!!!!!
I have to say as a little side note, the relationship with the grandma coming to such an ugly end was a real blow for me.  I was so grateful for the camaraderie, and for some support in loving these two little guys.  God knows my heart.
Acceptance:  The bio dad is supposed to show up at 11 so that they can call us ahead of time.  Alex does seem to enjoy his visits.  We are able to have a little time either me by myself for a few hours, or David and I with our biological kiddos.  The grandmother's visits, I am still struggling with.  She showed up on time with new car seats for both of them, and I swear, watching them pull out of the drive-way was a tough moment. Tough hour.  But like my friend recently posted.  "God brought me to this . . . and He will bring me through it."

Foster care is not easy.  Virtually everyone we know thinks that we are CRAZY to put ourselves through this.  It is a very real thing.  A very worldly driven thing, and very hard to wade through as Christians.  I don't know if we will continue to do foster care after this case has come to a close. . . but I know that God has shown Himself to be strong, om-niscient, ever-present and loving in the friends that He has brought along side us.

Comments

  1. Wow, praying for you on a daily basis....I promise...prayer for your patience, for your strength, for peace and harmony with all involved and that you can just say "whatever..." to most of this stuff...."whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,....I will think on these things" (Phil 4:8)... You WILL persevere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there girl. God sure is asking a lot of you right now! I have to tell you that I heard that quote, "If God brought me to it, He will bring me through it" from my homeschool moms in the support group at High Country. It was a quote one of them had heard at the Women of Faith conference that weekend. It hit me hard. God gave me this baby, and he will see it through. I will complete this task and move on to the next one. The quote is so applicable in so many ways in so many situations don't you think? Over and over in our faith, we are asked by him, to do seemingly impossible things. But he knows his plans for us. He knows what he created you to do. Keep fighting the good fight my friend! I can only imagine the treasure you are storing in heaven! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. God gives the grace and strength to do what He asks us to do and He has asked you to do this. He is faithful to complete the work He has started in all of you. He called, you answered in obedience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know it's easy to get caught up in the "fluff" & i enjoy ur fluffy stories imensley but also enjoyed this one as i can relate on some levels & sympathize with what u guys are going through...it's a tough road & u've done well, i hope all goes more smoothly for u & will be praying too...love u guys=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the reasons why I look up to you like I do! You are like gold that has been refined in the fire. Something so pure, true and glorious. You are so beautiful Danielle, inside and out. You are overcoming the world and look at those two precious treasures you have saved from it! Its beautiful. The crown the Lord has for you in heaven is a stunning one! I can't wait to see it!

    You all are constantly in my thoughts. I love you so much and I can just imagine how difficult this whole season has been for you all. On top of that, you share it with all of us readers and expose your heart and thoughts making yourself vulnerable, hoping that someone like myself will glean from your challenges and struggles.

    Thank you again sweet friend. I will be lifting you up to our Lord that He may keep you and guide you and quiet your soul with a peace that surpasses all understanding.

    Much love sweet friend,

    ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya'll are so great!
    You are who I mean when I say that God has brought amazing women to "come along side" as we navigate this sticky world.
    Bubbles, You are such an encouragement! So glad we're friends!!!
    Zan, You know how dear you are to me. Love ya!
    Miss Denise, You are such an example to me in so many ways. You have prayed us through some rough stuff and I am so grateful for you!
    Lisa, Love you too! Thanks for the encouragement for the fluffy ones too. ;-) there will be more, I'm sure.
    Elizabeth, You love me like precious other few. You are SUCH a blessing in my life!!! You are a treasured friend and sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fluff is sometimes what helps us get through the difficult times in life. That is the focusing on the fluff!!! I am thinking of you and praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Foster care certainly is a difficult task. I don't think I could do it. I know Nathan and Himilce really got dragged through the struggle when they did it; it was very hard to watch them, and I hated the worry I felt. It is so sad
    that there is a wonderful and precious Christian family like you being a blessing to these precious little ones, and yet the struggle, battle and resistance seems to be constant doesn't it? There does definitely seem to be a broken system, not to mention a broken society. I will keep you in my prayers sweetie.
    Much Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle,
    What to say after reading everyone's comments and I fully and absolutely agree with all of them. You always grave my heart in such a way sweet Danielle. I appreciate what you have shared with all of us, now knowing I can keep you in our prayers. I so love you and feel so for you all. I can imagine your feelings towards the frustration of the grandma. You are such a tough cookie!!! I don't know if I could stand that kind of strain. You are my big sister whom I am learning so much from. Thanks for being my model.

    P.S. I just love so much how you express yourself Danielle, You always make me laugh and smile every time I read your comments or read your blog. I wish I could express myself in such a fun and sweet way like you :)
    LOVE
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen to all the comments and thoughts. Thanks for letting us all know what's going on so we can better pray for you and your family. I get stress and strain just with my own kids. It would be so hard with so much outside pressure and negativity filtering in. May God continue to hold you in his arms.
    blessings,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle, do you know any other believing family that has gone through the system for foster care/adoption that you can talk to and get encouragement from? I'm asking cuz Gretchen's sister went through it with their little girl; I don't know if she'd be someone to talk to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts