A Day in the Life of a Foster Mom

Really making a commitment to start the day with the Lord.  No matter how crazy the rest of the day is, I can look back on those quiet moments.



Abigail eating a bagel on the way to visitation.  Our new addiction.  :-D

The boys going into visitation.  You can see "Alex" is dragging one of the Social Workers.  :-)
Stopping by to see Aunt Kiki for some clothes and a special surprise from Mimi and Papa for Benj
Enjoying a pizza at the park waiting for visitation to be over. 
"Alex" playing a video game at the dentists.  They burned his upper and bottom lip with their tool, so now I have to go back to them tomorrow, and pick up a hand-written note from the dentist saying it was their fault.
Waiting at the Walgreens for a special 'scrip for "Isaac" to be hand-made.  Sat there so long that this divider started to look decorative to me.  :-D
The boys helping me pick out a new nail color. 
"Alex" helping bring in the groceries.  It was either stop at the store, or go out again.  :-P  Yuck!
Finally the end of a very long day.  Found a GREAT kids version of  "My Utmost for His Highest"! 

I hope this wasn't too boring.  Not pictured were two stops at gas stations, one stop at Sonic for a drink that Julie got my mouth SET on, a friends house to pick up curriculum, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Funny thing is, I have to do it all over again tomorrow.  Oh wait, that's not funny.  :-(  Awww now I made myself sad.  ;-)

Comments

  1. What a gorgeous blog! And all the pictures were so much fun Danielle!! The sweetest picture was the last one. It melted my heart! What a Godly mama you are! I praise our Lord for you and what you are doing for these kids.

    P. S. It was very far from boring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow how well I know that visitation door... we should have plaques with our names on them!! Your a beautiful mama and you are doing a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! It's fun to have this forever put together with a little thought put into it. :-D
    You are both great examples for me on those YUCK days. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waaaaaaaaaait a second. We didn't get to see the nail color they picked???
    But I love seeing so many pics of all the little buddies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've just read your post today, but plan on looking over your blog when I have some extra minutes (kids' nap times!) to read more. I know my blog isn't very current - I need to get it updated. We are still do foster care - mostly respite and after hours emergency care right now. I will make an effort to update my blog this week! Thanks for the gentle nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, 1st, I didn't know you were taking a pic of pic up there! lol
    2nd, I can't believe you went to "my" park without me!
    3rd, I love the "Utmost for HIS Highest" pic, PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiki we know EVERY square inch of that park. We are there for at least two hours twice a week. UGH
    AND you look adorable!!! Of course! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. U are SUCH a good writer, have u thought of writing a book? You're so witty:)from lese

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts