6/14/2010

Ahhhhhhh Mondays! 
I know that this is not a typically popular day of the week, but to me, it's soothing.
Today especially! 
Yesterday started out like any other Sun, me getting up to feed the baby while everyone slept in our room.  The boys on the trundle bed set up beside our bed.  Abi in our king size bed with David. Alex on the floor in a sleeping bag.  All still tired from a late night of "priviledge". (a kid movie, snacks, and sleeping with mom and dad)  I got up did my devotions, had my tea, even got a little fun reading in before it was time to round up and dress the troops.  Church was great!  (Starting to really feel like home!) Home for pizza and a quick nap and then back to church for VBS training.  All happy, familiar, easy, Sun activities.  That is until we started to head home, David was telling me what they learned, and I decide to put in my two cents worth, which as it happens was worth less than that!  WHY do I do that?  Why do I assume he wants my opinion on life, liberty, and anything else that comes to mind.  :-P  ANYWHO, after I rain on his parade, so to speak, he decided to retaliate.  There are things said about "who" in our family that we are resembling, and snappy although totally un-necessary come-backs. And then we are home.  Frustrated, irritable, raw.  There are quick apologies, though no re-building of the walls we had mortar blasted between us. And we close our night quietly, as quietly as possible with 5 children under foot.
This morning as I get up to feed the baby, and have my devotions I open the drapes, and the windows to listen to the birds while I have a little quiet time.  And I kid you not when I say, God spoke to me.  Not in an audible voice, but in His still, small way that makes you sit up and pay attention.  "Into every marriage a little grace must fall."  And outside it begins to rain.  At first it's just a soft spring rain that seeps into the ground and makes the chalk drawings outside run, then it turns into a heavy cleansing rain, and I go to call my husband.   He has already forgiven me, just like I had already forgiven him, but now I can enjoy my day at home.  Enjoy the laundry, and cleaning out the fridge.  Enjoy teaching my children to read and write and appreciate the world for the majestic reflection of God that it is.  Enjoy a conversation with a sweet friend. And a hot cup of tea.
I LOVE the rain and cold weather, and especially enjoy it in June.  My children don't agree.  :-D

Comments

Popular Posts