June 15th

Today started out like SO many have the last 4 months.  I roll out of bed to the sounds of a hungry baby.  Get him changed, dressed, and fed while I am doing my devotions.  The house is still quiet but I know that the next hour will bring mayhem.  I go from room to room turning off fans, and opening blinds to get the children up and going.   I lay out their clothes as I go and check my watch again.  45 min 'til TIME TO GO. 
I get up Alex up and put him on the potty while I get the baby buckled into his car seat, find his paci again. 40min now. . .  Go back and now I'm pulling the covers off the kids, mean, I know, but they NEED to get up.  And I do my hair and get dressed.  35 min, I can feel the panic starting to set in, will we make it on time?  Will I be a screaming mess before we get to the car???  I get Abi dressed, still in the bed, she only slightly helps.  We had to give her some powerful cough syrup the night before and she is a little hung over.  25 min now.  Now to check on Alex, "are you finished in here???"  "Yep, I pooped and I'm done."  BUT when I go to wipe him, he hasn't pooped, he has lied about it instead and now is sent to the corner.  20min left.    Benji can't find his other boot so we EMPTY the shoe closet into the hall, and Trey finds the rogue boot on the basement stairs.  I remember to grab Abi's sandals, and extra diapers and wipes and now to deal with Alex. 15min. . . Get him dressed, through tears and promises, hustle him out the door 10min. . . I carry Abi to the car barefoot and wrap her in a blanket in the back of the van.  Looking for keys, and money that David has left for me, grab my phone and we are in the car with 5min to spare!!! 
An hour and a half later we pull in to the cardiologists parking lot, we are JUST on time. 
On the way in the door a nurse comes out, she is checking the mail box and notices that I have a straggler, Alex is pouting because his favorite shoes didn't make it to the car and she is pointing out how dangerous it is to straggle in the parking lot.  (thank you for all the help lady!)  UGH    I get us checked in and then, we wait.  We wait for an hour!  We wait and watch as everyone before us has gone in and come out, as people after us have been called back and left.  We wait and my 4 children put their hands on every toy in the waiting room,  and I can practically see the germs on their hands.  YUCK  (this is why no purse should be without sanitizer!!!)  Finally when we are called back they did an EKG on the baby and then an ultra sound.




Sure enough our first trusted, family physician was right.  There is a heart murmer.  A little flap that didn't close at birth like they are supposed to.  We are going to pray that a little "intentional neglect" as the Dr says will let it close and heal shut over the next few years.  Otherwise we will have heart surgery before he starts school.  
We leave there as fast as I can get us back to the car.  Head to King Soopers for some MUCH needed staples, and head home just in time to see that there is no watter pressure.   A quick panicked call home to my dad and he explains it's the pressure valve, but tells me how to "jury rig" it until we can buy a new one. 

An impromptu  tea party 
When David got home he says that the kids down the street are having a lemonaid stand for tips, so we take a little family walk.  :-D 




The days ends well, but honestly I was just glad that it ended.  :-D  These are the days when I look back and think, where was the quiet of that first hour?  How will I find the energy to keep going to two or three of these Dr's a week.  Will I ever be able to read a book without interruption? 
But a good nights sleep and a long back rub, (THANK YOU HONEY!!!!!) and I'll be ready to take tomorrow on.  :-D 

Comments

  1. Its so nice to get a little glimpse of your life Danielle! You are my inspiration.

    I wish you a heavenly cup of tea and a great book tonight! Much love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, you just TOTALLY made my day!
    I love you!!!!!
    Your wish for me is completely perfect. A hot cup of tea and my book is exactly what I crave. :-D
    Love love love you!
    Thank you for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i can soo relate, only it's bone scans and xrays and fortunately, for now, only once about every 6 months...can't get enough of ur blogs, think i'll start doing devotions (and maybe a workout?)ok, well, we'll start with devotions don't wanna push it, lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts