A fun lunch 6-23-2010


Started a new family tradition today. 
Generally I will feed the kids breakfast while I get the beds made and clothes laid out for the day. Then lunchtime comes and I feed them and go to the computer while they eat.  HOWEVER, it dawned on me the other day that this is time that I am wasting with my children.  The computer doesn't miss me.  I have a friend or two that will notice if I don't log on, but I know they will understand.  ;-) 
My children are growing up a little more every day.  Need me and my David a little less every day.  This is the time that I have been given to love them, nurture their little hearts, and I will not waste it. 
Anyway, soap box aside, we decided to start a new series of books that I will read at lunch time.  And I picked one of my favorites, "Little House" series.  We picked up the whole set at a garage sale a few months ago for $1!!!    It starts with Little House in the Big Woods, and they have rabbit stew in the first chapter.  So in honor of the book, we had our own version.   Tomato soup, with rabbit cheddar crackers, cheese and sour cream.  YUM!!! 
 

I know it's silly, but when I decided to do this, and went and got the special lunch fixin's I was so excited!  Turned out great!  :-D

Comments

  1. Oh my WORD Danielle, I wish I could join in with you guys every lunch hour. I just love that series and it sure sounds cozy eating tomato soup with bunny crackers. I just found those crackers at the health food store yesterday and Zane and I almost ate the whole box LOL! What fun and cozy memories you are creating. I can't wait for Zane to get big enough for story time like this.
    LOVE YOU Danielle!
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so great! Have I told you that lately??? :-D
    I wish you could be here for story time too!!!
    Although, a word of warning, they detail gutting a pig, and my kids were a little squeamish. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts