MRI fun 6-24-2010

We started off the day going to our favorite place. Wal-mart. :-D Picked up a lunch for me, and some last minute snacks for the kids.
Dropped off all the children (except for the baby) at a GREAT friend's house. How grateful we are for her!!! She already has 4 of her own, plus our 4. Like I said, she's great! The kids were so excited! They have been asking EVERY day, "When are we going to Miss Rhonda's?????" As soon as we pulled in the driveway the noise level in the car rose to a dull roar, and everyone tumbled out. Everyone except for Trey. I wouldn't say he was nervous, just apprehensive. A new house, mostly girls, mom at the hospital ALL day. . . he says, "Mom, before we go in, I think we should all pray together." LOVE his tender heart! He thinks to go to the Lord with his worry, LOVE HIM! So we hold hands, Trey prays and the fun begins! I hug my friend, ask her if she REALLY wants to do this (??????) and remind all the children to be GOOD!
On the way I have the new VBS music playing in the car. Children's voices singing, "I am who The Great I Am says I am" and I praise God that the world may tell me I'm crazy, but I am who He made me to be.
When I get to the hospital, and take the ticket from the valet, I head in and there she is. The bio mom. She glances up at me, and nods, ear-buds in her ears and music leaking out of them. I walk into the check in and find out that he has already been checked in. "No" I say, "the baby is right here with me, how could he be checked in???" The nurse tells me that the mom checked him an hour ago, and already filled out the paperwork. I ask for new paperwork and notice that the one she filled out has no medicine listed, no heart defect mentioned, and a strange emergency contact number. I fill it out again, and ask them to dis-regard the first set of forms. She shredded them. As I sit in the waiting room the bio mom sits 3ft away talking into a cell phone, telling the bio dad that she has chosen NOT to insist that she holds the baby since he will smell her and want to eat, and he can't eat before the procedure. (it's also against the court order.) She makes no mention of the fact that she asked me to get him out, and I told her that since he hasn't eaten since 10 pm the night before that we should let him sleep. A nurse comes out 30min later and calls us back. The bio mom doesn't even look up from her phone conversation. They call us back, strip him, weigh him, and I fill them in on the foster/bio parents situation and ask them to let me know if their lawyer shows up. (she doesn't)  The bio mom has thrown a fit demanding information, so they have decided that she can call the Dr next week, but there will be no information given out today.
We were back in our own cubicle for another hour and a half, so I took some cute shots.

He LOVES his platypus paci.
(BTW if anyone wants a paci with a beanie-type baby attached, I have become a real expert at making them, our keep getting "lost" at visitation.)
The MRI last a little over 2hrs, cervical spine, lumbar spine, and brain scanned.
During the procedure he was put under general anethesia and I was shown to a private/secure waiting area where I read, and ate my Sub-way and peanut M&M's. It was like a little vacation. :-D
He had a little difficulty coming out of anethesia, so he needed oxygen for a while. But 20min after he was returned to our room we were walking out and heading back to the Valet.
The children did great at Miss Rhonda's and she even said she would do it again! :-D YAY!!!


Comments

Popular Posts