7-29 More hospital time and a little fun with Aunt Kiki

This morning was a whirlwind.  Last night I laid out everyone's clothes, even mine, made 4 bottles, cleaned the house, and packed our breakfast.
Up at 7 I think the baby was shocked that when he let out that first little squeak I was up like a flash.  No trying to pacify him, or coax him into letting me have ten more minutes under the covers.  Put him straight into the car seat after a new diaper and quick bottle, then kissing, coercing, prodding the rest of the children up and out of their beds, down the hall, and into their clothes.  Poor, sweet Benji, he is such a tender, sensitive soul.  On the way to the hospital he was getting dressed in the car and the shorts that I had picked out for him, evidently don't fit anymore.  I hear from the middle seat, "Mom, am I fat?"  SHOCKED I look back and there is Benj, dressed, but there is NO WAY those shorts are going to zip or button.  I feel SO bad about it, poor guy went the whole day holding up those cute little jean shorts, and he NEVER ONCE whined or complained about it.
We went in to our first app, made it on time, and the urologist gave us the go ahead to schedule both surgeries.  Oct will be a busy, sore month at our house.  :-(  
Then downstairs to the cafeteria for our latest greatest breakfast craze.  Home-made granola and peach yogurt.  YUM yum yum!  (recipe at the bottom)

Trey likes to people watch when we are at the hospital.

After a little mis-hap with the play area and a forgotten wallet in the car, we RAN to the car all of us, and RAN back to the play area signed everyone in and got to the baby's next appt ON TIME!  :-D
I know I keep stressing the ON TIME thing, but if you knew how amazing it is. . . .
Some of the tests that they ran two weeks ago came back, "abnormal" so after a quick check of his weight, height, and head circumferance we put a little baggie on his "band members" and waited for show time.  :-D
And waited, and waited.  Pretty sure it was the longest dry diaper in recorded history.  But praise the Lord the bigger kids were all playing and I brought a good book.  :-D
Then down to visitation and off to Aunt Kiki's house.

HOW CUTE IS SHE????
This is Aunt Kiki doing her best "pregnant" impression.  ;-)
That's baby nephew number 2 in there!  YAY!
We had lunch, let the kids play a little and chit chatted the whole hour, it was wonderful, but alas, it wouldn't last long.  Back to pick up the boys and naps in the car and home again. 
This morning we pretty much demolished our granola reserve so we made some more this afternoon.

Here's the recipe.  Handed down from a sweet friend. 
I know she won't mind sharing.
4c rolled oats
1c coconut
1c brown sugar
cinnamon and nutmeg
Mix all these together, making sure to break up any little clumps of brown sugar.
Then boil together
1/3c oil
1/4c syrup
1T white sugar
Once it comes to a boil pour it over the dry mixture and stir like crazy!  :-D
Dump into a 9x13 and cook at 300 for 30 min. 
Turning every ten minutes.
We like ours a little sticky, and clumpy, so I don't turn it as often and I pat it down in the pan.


It's a beautiful thing!





Comments

  1. LOL! Oh my gosh, you posted the worst pics of me!! lol Ohhh man, guess that's what I get for doing my impressions, hu'? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts