7-8 Simple pleasures

After the stress of this week, and the busy-ness of last week, I decided that this whole post will be about the simple pleasures that we enjoy here. 


Little toes fresh from the tub.  The baby LOVES being in the warm water, loves the washcloth and the feeling of floating.  He HATES getting out.  :-(  So, after I wrap him in a warm, soft towel I hold him close with my nose buried in curls, and tell him how much I love him.  That he is safe, and that he is "found" with us.  Then we go to the bed, put on the diaper (this is important to do first!!!)  ;-)  and get out the baby lotion.  Our particular baby needs 3 different meds on his skin while it is still warm and damp, then I slather on the lotion, and comb his hair.  I have always used this time with each baby to pray for them, to tell them how much they mean to me.  It's our time.


Through the generosity of my dad, and God's grace, we live in a beautiful area.  This is the view from the window where I use the computer.  I love where we are.  It's rural.  All the roads near us are dirt, and wash boarded, but I don't mind.  When I turn off the paved road I can literally feel the calm start.  We are almost home.  Our little haven.  With the wild grasses and room to run.


I don't know what these wild flowers are called, but they make our whole acreage yellow this time of year. My poor David always wants to mow them, but I beg him to let them grow.  Let them take over our whole yard.  I've never missed a green lawn, for a minute.  :-D 



When the weather is like this, you can almost fool your mind into believing that it's closer to Oct than it is to Aug. Growing up my mom used to express her dis-pleasure with the heat, and now as a mom myself, I have instilled in our children a LOVE for the fall and the winter. The summer is really the best time to sit in front of the AC and read.


This may sound silly.  But I LOVE to hand mop my floors.  I can get in the nooks and crannies, and SEE it getting clean.  I use Pine-Sol on my floors and bathroom, just smells clean.  Probably because my mom used to use it to clean.  :-D

When our children aren't having "Trundle Bed Night" (more on that family tradition tomorrow) they are all sleeping together in the boys room.  Yes, Abi has her own room. Complete with pink walls and princess paraphanalia.  Alex has his own bed too!  BUT they would prefer to all sleep together.  I used to balk at the idea, "They need to learn to sleep in their own rooms.  Afterall we bought a larger house with more rooms on purpose."  However, my sweet David said, "Babe, how long are they gonna wanna sleep in the same room? Won't we be sad when they grow out of this stage?  Isn't that the whole point of the way we live, that they would love eachother and learn to get along as families used to?"  He is so right!  What a great dad.  When they are teenagers and want their own space, we will have to find new ways to encourage togetherness.  For now I revel in them wanting to sleep near eachother.  It is a simple pleasure.

Comments

  1. I loved reading your thankful thoughts! And how you love on your little babes. These little ones will never forget you and David. What loving seeds you are planting in their lives!

    I too mop my floors by hand ;) your right its so much better!

    How wise David is! This time wont last long and its so refreshing to see your kids love each other and get along!

    I hope you guys have a restful and peaceful weekend! And I got your FB message and I will write you back soon! ;)

    Much love!

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove all the pics! The sweet baby toes, the beautiful land, you...hand mopping floors... :) And the sweet babies all sleeping in the same room....love it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, this is the sweetest post. I love it. I posted something like this a while back, because there is something very healing in remembering our blessings; letting gratitude bubble up is wonderful and comforting (like Julie Andrew's "My favorite things").

    I'm not so fond of mopping my floor, but seeing your pleasure of it makes me feel like mopping my floor. I also love clean baby toes, and the beautiful view of your property and the precious thought of how your children love to sleep in the same room; this is very precious truly the most precious times of a mother's life.
    Many Blessings to you
    Love Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved that! it made me remember the simple pleasures that i have in my life. thankyou for sharing auntie. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts