7-10 Fargo's Pizza Co.

Things have been tense.  I'm not gonna lie.  There was a point this morning where we looked at each other and thought, maybe we should run our errands seperately.  :-P  BUT, we don't do that.  It's just not us.  So we loaded in the car to run an errand together.  Resolving to just NOT be nit-picky at each other.  We ran the errand, then on the way home my David missed our turn.  I turn to "politely" remind him of where we live, and that's when I notice the smirk.  Not a full on grin, just a little smirk in the corners of his mouth, making his dimples dig in. "Where do you think you are taking us???" I'm not in on the joke, I don't know the plan. (Probably because I would protest knowing the current financial situation.  ;-)  )   And he keeps driving, "You'll see when we get there.  Better stop snacking on those m&m's so you don't ruin your appetite."  That's good enough for me.  The kids stopped arguing and telling us how hungry they were.  David and I stopped snipping at one-another.  Just a car full of anticipation.  When we pulled into Fargo's I was SO happy!!!  So many good  memories accompany this place.  My own daddy and the 4 siblings I grew up with pulling into the parking lot, reminding each other of our favorite places, nooks and crannies in the old building.  Here I am enjoying those same things with our children, being surprised right along with them.

The view from our alcove.  I could NOT believe how reasonable the pizza was!!!  All said we only spent $20  for our family of 7!!!!   The old booths hadn't changed at all in the last 5 yrs since we were here last. Fuzzy wallpaper and velvet curtains.  Every inch nostalgic.

We sat in an over sized booth, and while we waited for our number to light up on the magic mirror, Daddy poured everyone drinks in frosty mugs.

We have only ever eaten The Big Red when we come here.  It's all my parents ever ordered, and the only one we have ordered with our children.  A giant cheese and canadian bacon with cold tomatoes sliced thin on top.  YUM!



The kids doing "Cheers"!    

Pretty sure that Benj is just afraid that Trey is going to spill it on him.  :-D

They have a great old player piano with stained glass and a drum set in the bottom.
Always a favorite.

After we eat out, my David has always taken the kids to the bathroom to wash hands and hit the potty before we move on the next thing.  I'm sort of a slow eater, (no laughing those of you who KNOW)
and it's the perfect time to sit back, finish my dinner, re-fill my pop and enjoy the quiet. 
This time I came prepared.  Brought along my book, and a little baggie of m&m's.

This is the kids version of fun.  :-D

Everyone had a great time!  Thanks for the surprise Babe!

Comments

  1. How cozy and what fun!!! I remember this place!! Its been such a long time and I don't even remember how old I was when we went! It was WONDERFUL! The pizza is making me hungry! The root beer in the cold cups looks so refreshing! What a fun day :)

    Happy Sunday Danielle :) Much love.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to remember this delightful place but I can't find it in this old brain of mine. I SO relate to you when you have had a tiring long drawn out stressful day and what a surprise like this can do to change it all! Your David is SUCH a sweet heart! I just love you both so much. I agree with Eliza, that pizza and root beer look AMAZING! I am writing this at 12:00 a.m. and you have awoken the pregnancy cravings. I think I might have to go downstairs and search high and low through our refrigerator to top the cravings you just gave me LOL! I don't think I can. I might have to wake up my sleeping husband and send him out to get me that pizza LOL!
    I so enjoyed your quite time too! Having a book snug away in my purse always makes me feel safe and prepared and cozy. Such a delightful evening! Thanks for sharing :)

    LOVE you Dear Danielle!
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What book are you reading?, I had forgotten about you being a slow eater but the comment brought back many a Moscow memory!! =-) Oh and I love how you titled the picture "the kids version of fun" and yet your husband is in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beccah,
    I am reading a great new one by Dean Koontz. He has GREAT stories, and they usually have christian ties. (his new ones!) This one is over 700 pages long, and I LOVE IT!!!!
    HAHAHAHA About Russia. That's where my obsession with tea started. Do you remember that little tea shop? We would sit for hours! It's a good thing God had me working in the kitchen, I could snack and nibble all day. Go figure I gained 30lbs! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts