7-10 Trundle Bed Night, A family tradition

I have mentioned in earlier posts that we have trundle bed night here on the weekends.  So tonight, I thought I'd bring you along on a virtual tour.  :-D

Under Benji's bed hides the key to a family tradition that I hope will last a long long time.  It's called a trundle bed.  It pulls out from under the bed and springs into a full size, regular height bed with a long lever.  We have invested in two of these wonderful inventions.  Once a week for two nights we pull it out, drag it into our room and the mattress that goes on top for "Trundle Bed Night". 

Here it is set up.  The sleeping bag on the floor is for after everyone falls asleep and mommy needs a little leg room.  ;-)

Next on the list is a special drink.  We don't buy new cups everytime, but Abi was the lucky recipient this night.  ;-)   Usually it is full to the top, which is a major no-no during the week.  AND it's something fun, like a fun new juice or strawberry milk. 


Then comes the snack.  Sometimes we go all out, letting each child pick out a favorite bag of gummies, or in Trey's case the biggest apple he can find, but since the money is tight we streamlined.  Something salty, something sweet.  :-D
We pick a fun family movie, and have our drinks, and hold hands in bed.  It's wonderful, it's another thing that my David instituted.  He is a GREAT daddy, and I'm thankful for him and his fun family traditions.



Comments

  1. Hi Danielle, It was so nice to hear from you!!
    Your sweet blog is so filled with a loving family
    atmoshere. It has been so fun to see your pictures of your family. Have a great week.
    Love Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roxy!!!
    Thank you for "stopping by"! I have really enjoyed chronicling our lives in picture form. Too much goes on around here, and I don't want to forget these times. :-D
    I would love to catch up, and hear all about you and Danny and your kids! storyfamily@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Danielle, that sounds like SO much fun!! What fun to be growing up in your family. I just love trundle bed night!! You are so inspiring me to start all these fun, cozy memory making traditions for our family. I bet those kids just eat up the coziness you and David create!

    Love you!!
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like fun Danielle; so cozy. It is always fun to see what other families like to do. I just love the glimpses of your family that you post. We have a family movie night around here too; We get into jamies, pull chairs and coffee tables out of the way, get sleeping bags and pillows and snuggle in. We usually do it on Friday, although in the last month or so, we have not seemed to find a Friday that works. Then we have Pizza and watch our movie. I like your "something sweet and something salty" thing, we get those cravings too. It won't be long before our family has dwindled down to one child; Olga leaves for college August 2, and then we will down to one. We might have to figure out how to get some grandkids here to continue on. :) David seems like a sweet husband and Daddy, so nice to hear and see.
    Love Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Pam,
    It is so fun that you guys have a family movie night too!!! Gives me hope that our children will want to do this sort of thing as they get older. It is still the TALK of the whole week. "Member that snack that Daddy brought home just for me?" or "That special movie that we watched was as old as you mom!" Love that one. hahaha
    I can not imagine what having an empty nest will be like, but I pray that David and I will still be as young and in-love as you as Mr Steve! You have wonderful children, your sweet girls are so great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts