7-19 Breakfast cake and "company"

This morning we had a "Staffing".  We're supposed to have one every three months.  It's with the social worker, our licenser, and a social worker supervisor.  Sometimes the GAL will be there, (stands for Guardian Ad Lidum) today she wasn't. 
I have said before that when we have these special friends over I like to remind myself that this is my home, we live here, we are cozy and love eachother.  One way I remind myself of that is to bake.  I have LOTS of wonderful recipes, and with all the "company" we have around here I have lots of opportunities to use them.  This morning was "Breakfast Cake".  This is just what we call it here, in my recipe book it has another name.  ;-) 

This is just a quick look at a special moment.  Trey is the official builder around here, and Alex had been BEGGING for a Ben 10 Bionicle, so this was the necessary  assembly.  :-D

This is just one page of one of my most treasured posessions.  When my David and I were married things were difficult.  I may post about it one day, but suffice it to say that it was a long year before my sweet newly wedded husband called and made a meeting with my parents.  That night my mom gave me a book of recipes.  Some new that she new I would enjoy, and some from my childhood.    The book is getting a little worn, and some pages threaten to come loose when you open it, but it will always have a special place in my heart and it's own drawer in the kitchen.



Here is our breakfast cake.  Buttered and floured in a pan. 
YUM, making me hungry for it again now!

The meeting went really really well.  The supervisor went over the details of the case, and near the end said that they usually see some progress around the 5 month mark.  However since they have seen none, she was anxious to get things moving toward a permanent home.  In our state babies that are in "care" from birth have to be placed by their 1st birthdays.  She said that it would take a few months to get all the paperwork in place and how did we feel about adopting them?  :-D    I told her, "I think I'm going to cry." Our social worker patted my shoulder and said we think that they would be a great placement option.  PRAISE THE LORD.  The lawyer, the supervisor and the social worker are all on the same page, and we are so grateful!
It was also decided that the bio parents would no longer be in with all of us at appointments in the future.  Another praise for sure!!!  God is good all the time. 

Here is the recipe in case you can't read up at the top, I HIGHLY recommend it!!!

1  3/4 c boiling water
1c uncooked oatmeal
1c brn sugar
1c wht sugar
1 stick or 1/2c butter
2 eggs
1tsp salt
1  3/4c flour
1T cocoa
1t baking soda
12 oz semi sweet choc chips (divided)
Mix boiling water, oatmeal and butter until the butter melts.  About 10 mins.
Then add in order, 1/2 of the choc chips now.  Stirring gently so you don't make a paste of the oatmeal.
Pour into a buttered and floured pan and sprinkle the remaining choc chips on top.
Bake at 350 for 40 mins. 

If you want it to cut pretty it needs to cool for a little bit.  :-D 






Comments

  1. Danielle! I am so excited!!! Had you guys decided on adopting? I mean was it planned? You both are amazing parents and it thrills my heart to think of these two little guys safely and permanently with you!

    I can't wait to hear more! So much love,

    Your sister in Christ,

    ~Elizabeth

    Oh and the recipe looks DELICIOUS thank you for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe, Danielle. I'm going to send it to Gretchen...they're gluten free cuz of celiac and this recipe is gluten free! Praying for you and your family's adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts