7-22 Cute Nephew and the END of the allegation

Today didn't start off as well as I'd hoped.  I went to bed early, all the kids were in bed tucked in with hardly a complaint last night, not real sure why we ALL slept in this morning.  David bought a new alarm clock, the first new one in 22yrs!!!!  Can you believe that?  22yrs with the same alarm clock, HA, anyway, he bought a new one, I choked at the price of course.  (small rabbit trail, if it's more than $9 I hem and haw, and agonize over it.)  Anywho, he bought a new one, and I am not used to the new "alarm" and I slept right through him getting up and dressed and out the door.  When I rolled out of bed and saw what time it was I about had a heart attack!  We were supposed to be out the door 5 min earlier!!!!
Small panic attack later we are all in the car most of them in jammies, or somewhere in-between jammies and "dressed".  Called my honey on the way, told him about my panic, told him HOW GREAT the kids were at getting in the car half asleep, and reminded him how VERY much I loved him, "but don't ever let me sleep that late again!!!"  Next call was to the visitation supervisor, had to leave a msg so brief description and an apology but we were going to be 10min late.  :-(   
Now, I am NOT a "bat out of H@&&" kind of driver, I've said before that I poke, and meander, this morning I pushed my little mini-van to the edge of the speed limits posted!  We pulled in just 3 min late!!!  YAY!  It was a personal victory!  Until the visitation guy comes out and says that the parents are throwing a fit and if we expect them to be on time. . . he literally lectured me.  UGH 
When we were done there we went to my second sister's nanny-ing gig and made us all lunch.  We were sitting, chatting, when my adorable nephew climbs into my lap and says, "Take my picture Dano?"  WHO could resist that????  So here he is.

Isn't he TOO cute???  Those eyes totally get me!!!!

Ok, so we went to pick up the kiddos, and started the VERY long drive out to the other county nearer where we live, and THEIR county office to meet with the investigator.  She hadn't done her official interview with the children yet.  A few days ago she told me on the phone that really she just needed to talk to Alex, since he was the child in question, but when we got there it was a different story.   She explained that since there were two "anonymous" calls they would have to interview every child in the home.  Trey wanted to get it over with, so she took him back first.  Let me stop here and explain, Trey has been worried about this for two weeks now.  Concerened that he might talk too much, or in being funny say something in-appropriate to the situation. (something we are working on)  So he took a deep breath and went back with her, into this tiny little room with a small desk on one side, a pad of paper, and two chairs.  NOT very child friendly.  They were back there 30min, I could hear him laughing, and making jokes.  When they were done it was Abi's turn.  She absolutely refused, so Benji was able to go back with her.  She told me later that she was nice, but she didn't talk.  Was polite but only answered yes or no with a shake or a nod of that cute little pig-tailed head.  They weren't back nearly as long, then it was Alex's turn.  He came out as happy as he had gone in and she said that her official ruling was un-founded.  YAY!  Those are sweet sweet words.  Un Founded.
I came home and made us a feast for dinner, and I'll never forget the way that Trey prayed at bedtime. "Thank you that we answered her questions and that they know what a good mommy and daddy we have."

Amen!

Comments

  1. Awww, love Trey's lil prayer too!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN TO THAT! wow, that actually took them a long time to question the kids about it, guess they really weren't all that worried or they would have jumped on it....love the ending, makes it all so worth it, love u guys=)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts