7-15 A nice drive

So, I didn't take any pics today.  David had the camera for something they are entering at work. 
But I did want to write really quickly.
We went up to visitation today, killed myself to get there on time, and the parents didn't show.
They tried to get ahold of them for 20 min and when they finally got through to the dad he said, "Danielle told S yesterday that there would be no visitation today, so she's not here."  Thankfully I had called the day before and talked to the worker to inform her of the "bumps" status and she and I agreed that we would have visitation in spite of the possible out-break.  So she told him, "No, I know that's not true, I talked to Danielle last night and she was ready and here on time.  You have 3 min to get here, and have a visit, otherwise I will send them home."   We gave them 6 min instead, and then headed back home. 
I made KILLER egg salad sandwiches which we devoured, and had quiet time.  It was wonderful.  A day off, in spite of the 3 hr detour, was WONDERFUL!!!!! 
David brought home comfort food for dinner.  Pot Pies.  YUM.  Now I have some VERY talented friends, and reading this they are probably cringing, they would have made the crust, the gravy and grown their own veggies to make it with.  ;-)  I however, am happy as a clam with the 50 cent version and a tall glass of milk.  :-D 
On another positive note, our little three yr old man told us last night at dinner, "It doesn't matter if I get in trouble for telling the truth, Dad.  I know it makes Jesus happy."  Another little seed planted in furtile ground.

Comments

  1. That little 3 year old is so cute. Never a dull moment in your neck of the woods. I've always been a pot pie lover even the "Banquet" brand. And it is indeed hard to make pie crust when you're running all over town with kids.
    Love you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you named this post "a nice drive" he he! Well, I am glad you were able to have the rest of the day off at home with a killer egg salad, that has my mouth watering! And ditto what my mom said about the pot pies YuM and your three year old! :)

    Much love,

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. them cheap potpies are the aboslute bestest, as long as they have top and bottom crust, i think i tried to make it once, turned out terrible, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness I had forgotten about those yummy pot pies! We used to get them growing up when they were on sale and us kids would devour them in no time at all!!!

    Oh, and I will have that egg salad along with them yummy pots!

    What a cozy day even though the three hour detour. I am so falling in love with your dear family Danielle!!
    LOVE YOU
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts