7-13 Another look at foster life

We are still under quaratine over here.  Waitin out these bumps.  :-P  Blech.
BUT still loving being "stuck" at home.  Had to get a little Sonic to break up the monotony, but as a friend said, "Sonic fixes most everything."  LOVE her!!!
This morning was a LNKS meeting.  No-one can tell me what it stands for, and if you know I would love to hear!  But basically it's every 90 days.  Everyone gets together, parents, lawyers, social workers, visitation supervisors, LNKS supervisor, foster parents, bio grandparents (and boyfriends).  Because of the bumps around here I couldn't get a babysitter. . . go figure! (I didn't actually ask anyone either. . . haha)  I phoned in. Was put on speaker phone, and it was so so much better!  Last LNKS meeting I went in person. Obsessed about my hair/makeup/clothing/paperwork.  Shook when they got hostile. Ugh, it was bad.   This time I set the big kids up with a snack and a new coloring book, and locked myself and the baby in my bathroom with my phone.  SO MUCH BETTER!!!!
So many things were discussed.  Surgeries were agreed to for both boys, which we are thrilled about.  We were caught up on the case, where everything stands.  And the state acknowledged us an adoption placement option!  YAY!  Does not mean that we will adopt these little ones, but that the state knows we are available to adopt, and they think we are a positive option.  :-D  Made me smile.
One day when this situation is resolved I will come back and ammend this posting with some more details, but for now I'll just say, God answered alot of prayer, His grace was sufficient and I will sleep happy that this day is behind us.   :-D

Comments

  1. Yaaaay!! Glad everything went well today!!! Love, love, love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Danielle! I loved that you were able to stay home and do a conference call instead! Maybe its the Hobbit in me that understands! How is Benji feeling?

    That is wonderful about the State recognizing you as available adoptive parents! YAY!! Hope you are having a very blessed and peaceful evening :)

    So much love......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Danielle, I am having a hard time loading my comments. Can't tell if it is my computer or our internet. Hope this one loads. I have to ditto what Elizabeth said. So happy things went well for you yesterday. Hope today is full of peace and joy Do the kids have chicken pox? Many blessings to you all.
    Much love
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Elizabeth, the hobbit in you. . . Hahaha You are one sweet thing!!!!
    Kiki~ Thanks, it went better than expected, and I love love love you too!!! Thanks for commenting! ;-) Not just lurking. :-D
    Miss Pam~ They do not have chicken pox, just something that walks and quacks like chicken pox. WHO KNOWS. It's a strange viral thing, seems to be clearing up already. Today was full of something, but you know even through the turmoil I had peace, and joy came tonight in the form of choc ice cream and sweet comments from people I LOVE! <3 so much love to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts