School week one

It's that time of year again. All my favorite things are ahead of us.
School, fall weather, holidays!
Cereal and cartoons give way to warm breakfasts and quiet music.
I'm not a strict "schooler", but I have found that our school gets underway much easier if there is food in the oven and music softly playing.
Photobucket
This month we're listening to Romantic Overtures.
I have to admit to "stealing" a few great ideas from one of THE BEST honeschool mom's I know, and love. You can check her out here. http://bartonmama.blogspot.com/ Be prepared to laugh, cry and be inspired.
We started the week with a skills evaluation. This is the second year we've done this and I really recommend it! Gives you a great idea of exactly where your kids are.
I'm going to try to post once a week with the highlights of our school week.
Here are a few.
Photobucket
The big kids decorated our School Rules.
Photobucket
#1. Obey
#2. No toys during school
#3. Kids get to pick the first subject
#4. No TV during school
#5. Be respectful
#6. Doodles and animations allowed
#7. Food and drink allowed
I'm sure you can guess who made which rule. ;-)
Trey was 1,4,6 and 7. He could have come up with 10 more rules, I had to reign him him.
Abi suggested 2 and 5.
Benji thought of 3, he really only cared about decorating it.
Photobucket
I thought about putting "Bribes" on the label. "Rewards" is just much more Teach-y. ;-) ha ha ha
Photobucket
This is really just penmanship for Lo-lo, she knows all her letters already and what they say.

This is going to be a great school year! I'm so grateful for the privilege of teaching our children!

Comments

  1. YOU are a great home-school mama! <3 Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you precious? Love you and you are such a great mama! I love that our rules are 100% different than yours?! It shows how homeschool is unique to each family and it's members... but I do love the "Kids pick the first subject" one ;) might have to do that! have fun, and I love that Fall is on the way too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ki-ki, aren't you sweet! Thank you, love you too!

    Zan, it really is great how different things work for different families. I didn't tell trey about your rules our else we would have been sitting there all week coming up with new ones. ;-) I hope your blog just explodes with visitors, you're funny, inspiring and poetic. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, I have almost fallen off the face of the world of blogging and your sweet comment helped pull be back! :) Thank you for your sweet sweet words. I enjoyed reading through some of your posts so much. Benjamin has been gone a 1 month and a 1/2 now for his deployment and I was thinking that I would have way more time to blog and keep up with my friends. HA! I quickly realized how much he helped me when he got home from work and on the weekends! Whew! :)

    I love you sweet friend....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beginning of the school year memories. They are some of my favorites. You all look so cozy. Love the music and something warm for breakfast. That is really nice... I have always been an advocate for a comfy, cozy starting of the day... it just settles you into a peaceful routine.

    Is that your finished afghan in one of the pictures above? If it is you need to post about it. I want to see the whole thing.

    Enjoy your cozy fall season.
    Love you lots

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts