Aug 6th A little update

I realize that with all the changes and the upheaval of this summer some of our closest friend and family don't know who has come, our gone from our house as of late. (it's a bit of a revolving door around here...)
April 21st we were given a placement of 4 children. Ages 5, 4, 2 and 7mo. Ther oldest two were full siblings and were half siblings to the youngest two. We had 10 weeks of babysitters, car shuffling, drs appointments, and little girl/high pitched/ear piercing/glass shattering squeals.
It was fun.
July 6th the oldest two went home with their mom. It was a complicated decision, with alot of factors involved. I'll try to hit the highlights.
*The last investigator said 8 was too many for any one family. *The girls will be starting school soon and it would be more shuffling from one school to the next.
*The oldest was "acting-out" and we were beginning to worry about the effects on our children.
*They are old enough to tattle if things go south at home. So, now we just have 6. Our three bio kids, the baby we are adopting, and the 2 yr old and now 11 mo old. It is so much more quiet! The laundry is HALF what it was. Our grocery bill is nearly half as well!
Those things are nice, but the 2yr old won't sleep now, unless she is in our room. (not sure how to fix that...) I am still really glad that we followed the Lord into large family-ness. Our children really benefitted from having to share rooms/clothing/toys/time with us. I learned to better manage my time. That 10 weeks clearly defined our limits. ;-) A painful part was the "fire" some of our relationships went through. Some didn't survive.
Another good thing about our time with all 8, I really learned to depend on God for babysitters, food, time and companionship. Along those same lines I found out that I have some really really wonderful friends! We are so grateful to our church family for coming alongside and helping us through it.
To my sweet friends, Hosanna, Alisha, Carrie, Christy, Miss Pam,Elizabeth and Marie: You are such treasures! I love you and I'm so grateful for the meals, hours on the phone, babysitting, carpooling and encouragement!
My Grandmas: Your advice and encouragement is such a gift, I save everything you send me! I love you!
# end

Comments

  1. Ahhh! I'm touched that I made this list! Was wondering how things were going with you all since we left CO. Know that we still pray for you all and support you doing what the Lord has called you to do! Blessings on you Danielle and please, keep in touch dear one! Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you MUCH! And as for the meals, etc. there's more where that came from!!! :) -H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo glad to hear the update. You are sure an inspiration, and a blessing. I feel a joy that you are able to get your blogging up-dated... and pictures too. Purely selfishness on my part of course, but I do love hearing how you are and what is happening. Love the picture of your house. We are going to have to get that visit in.
    Love you so much.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts