Psalms 90:17

Photobucket
A few months after we moved into this house I had a little mishap with my Bible.
I put my favorite study Bible away until I bought a new Bible cover. Well, that was almost two years ago. Yesterday I decide I'm going back to using it, even if it's just here in the morning. I have to tell you, it was like seeing an old friend. The weight of it, all the notes in the margins, the "broken in" leather.
Anyway...Psalms 90:17 is a great verse! "Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us. And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands." The bottom of the page in my Ryrie Study Bible gives a commentary that the Latin word for confirm can also be translated "give permanence to". I love that!
I had just finished my study and prayer journal as the children were starting to fill the room. So what ensues is a blur of bottles, diapers, cereal, eggo waffles, highchairs, spilled milk (no tears), school books and pens and I tried to get the house straightened. Tues morning is speech therapist number one, Miss Kristen. She is awesome! So so good with the kids! One day I'd love to meet her family, (I'm sure they're great!) But she's still "new" to us, soooo I'm cleaning. I'm thinking hey, it's 9 o' clock we're up, the dishes are done, I'm doing good! Answer the door, gracious host that I am, IN MY SHORTS! (for those of you that didn't grow up with me, I wear bike shorts under all my skirts/dresses but it's not the way I greet company!) My long, luxurious hair is TIED IN A KNOT ON TOP OF MY HEAD! (also not how I greet company) After a moment I excuse myself, go and get my act together and come back out.
School went great. We are really enjoying this unit study about the solar system. After Miss Kristen left I made lunch for everyone but started feeling yuck. So I laid all three babies down for a nap and took a tylenol/cold. I swear I felt like I was DRUGGED! I laid down on the bed and went to sleep, next thing I know it's 30 min later, Abi is kidding my cheek asking for a snack and the doorbell rings. This time it's Miss Marcia. She has been our occupational therapist for... Forever. We LOVE her! I think the babies actually prefer her over ME sometimes. Half way through her set the doorbell rings again. It's one of the social workers! 'Course I answer the door as though we were expecting her all along. A quick panicked survey of the house and surprisingly I'm impressed! Ten minutes into our visit David got home. A look between us says, "You didn't plan on all this company today, huh?" :-D No, I don't plan on alllllll that company, but God did. I asked him to confirm the work of my hands and He did. Two therapists and a social worker all told me I'm on the right track, keep it up.

Photobucket
Oatmeal for dinner because I didn't have the energy for anything else, and honestly, David made the oatmeal I just made it fancy and served it.

May God confirm the work of your hands today, and bless you!

Comments

  1. An encouragement to my heart, my friend! At our house, everyone still thinks cereal for dinner is a treat! The mark of a good mom! :)
    Love ya!]
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is my verse for the day. I just prayed it after I read it. Yes, I need His favor and I need Him to confirm the work of my hands.

    I don't know how you do it all Danielle, so many babies, so many things to deal with... you are a good mama; and I agree with Christina and I think every house has had it s cereal or oatmeal dinner at various times in life, and it is a treat to me and Steve as well.
    Love ya lots,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you!
    Love the verse so much and like my mom said, it is the verse for me for this day also. I am so encouraged by everything you do Danielle. I love your managing skills, can I borrow them and maybe keep them? :) Love that oatmeal!! The picture is so beautiful. You and David give such a sweet aroma to me, it encourages me SO much and gets me excited to make oatmeal for dinner LOL and most of all be that family that you are.
    Love you bunches,
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts