Aug 16th Boundaries

No, I'm not talking about the psychological boundaries that you build around your life.
(Although after looking into that reference I would love to hear what y'all think...)
I am talking about Boundaries in the Biblical sense, which I think are much more fun. ;-)

Photobucket
Psalms 16:6
"The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places, surely I have a delightful inheritance."

After getting up, cleaning the whole house, taking a shower, grocery shopping and getting everyone settled for quiet time I was done exactly at 1:20. The little people's GAL was supposed to come at 1:30. If you don't know who I'm talking about or why I would kill myself to get everything done on time, read this post.
http://danielle-afamilystory.blogspot.com/2011/05/april-29th-royal-wedding-and-surprise.html?m=1
He never showed. At 2:15 his boss called said she had us penciled in for this afternoon, but they weren't going to make it.
What to do... Clean house, no time to start school, so I broke out the dip and crackers!
Not ten minutes later I got a call from the lady we hired to come out and get our finger prints. She was scheduled to be geer at 5:30 but she was worried about not being able to find our house and was in the driveway. So the kids ate my crackers and dip and I lit some candles, made oatmeal raisin cookies and had company for the afternoon.
It rained and blistered and stormed the whole time she was here. Then just as she was leaving we saw this rainbow!

Photobucket

Back to my verse about boundaries.
I am so grateful for where the boundary lines have fallen for me.
My home is within my boundary lines, my children and husband and our relationships are within my boundary lines. Educating our children is within my boundary lines. Anything outside those lines, I am not responsible for. My inheritance is the finish line, my victory dance. :-) A good relationship with my husband, my children, showing God's love to the world around us, teaching our children about the world around them and more importantly about the One who created it, all my inheritance, and surely it is delightful!

Comments

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous rainbow. Russell and I saw a double the other day when we were driving through Springs. I wish I had gotten a picture. I love the Scripture, and I love thinking of boundaries that way... I think I will look that verse up right now, while I am here waiting for my dinner to finish cooking.
    Love Ya Sweetie,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. His mercies/promises/grace is new every morning! LOVE the symbolic presence of the rainbow! GOD IS GOOOOOOD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts