A clean shower

This morning started out with me feeling pretty in control... That's where the trouble started.

8:00 I'm awake in a quiet house. The children are all still sleeping, the house is still cool from the windows being open over night. I check my e-mail while my tea is steeping. Hot sweet inviting tea in hand I sit with my open bible expecting to find "my verse". I seriously read through 6 chapters, but nothing stands out at me...(that should have been another clue)
8:50 I creep into the girls room, stealthy like a cat burglar, slip "Jamie" out of her bed. Abi rolls over and groans a bit, but stays asleep. In the hall I wake her up with promises of a fun hour ahead with her speech therapist. I put her on the potty, and hear a knock on the screen door.
9:00 Sweet Kristen, fabulous speech therapist. Great sense of humor.
10:30 nutritionist calls, "We have 'Issaac's' formula, can you come at 11 to pick it up?"
Normally I would say, "NO WAY!" doing anything on short notice is just... Awful.
But, his formula is not for sale anywhere, and although he never complains, apple compote has GOT to get old.
So we go.
12:30 We are finally done, I decide we are already out of the house, dressed, mostly happy, totally out of milk at home. So we head to Safeway. An hour later everything was going so well! The children were covered in goo from their free cookies... I was feeling the high of their sugar rush. I could see the headlines on tomorrows paper, "Mother of six leaves grocery store with a smile on her face!" Standing in the checkout things started to go south. Issaac decided the 4 teeth he's cutting DO bother him.
The bagger dropped a jar of banana baby food, looked at me with a shocked look on her face and said, "Your children are stressing me out!" Ha! Stressing HER out? I almost laughed outloud!
2:00 Rolled into the driveway, put both babies on their beds, made a pizza for the 4, and headed to the shower. So tired and gross from the already long day I decide to do my deep clean on the shower. Take all the stuff out, scrub it top to bottom with cleanser. I had just rinsed the conditioner out of my hair when my phone dinged. It's a text from our occupational therapist. "Just a reminder, I'll be there in ten minutes."
3:00-4:45 Miss Marcia helped me with feeding issues with baby James, and calorie up-ing for Issaac.
5:15 My husband, whom I love very much said, "What DID you do today?" Not the dishes, not fold the laundry, not run the vacuum.
I'll forgive him... Eventually. ;-)

6:30 I made a huge batch of home-made macaroni and cheese with sharp cheddar.

Photobucket

The ultimate comfort food.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. wow- I'm not a foster mom but our lives are strangely similar! :) love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this post cracked me up. I guess it was the first and last lines that make me chuckle... I know what you mean about "what you did today?" I think wives and mom's from all ages have had the question from their most precious hubbys. Smile. You are so cute Danielle. I don't know how you keep up. You' do an amazing job. The macaroni and cheese looks wonderful. I think my mornings are very like yours. I cherish the quiet moments with my Bible and my cup of coffee. I always search for a precious word from the Lord... something personal. Then my time of meditation. Then if I am lucky, like this morning, I can blog, because the house is still quiet. I love your pictures you posted on the previous post. I can't believe how adorable they are. My favorite is the one of you and Abi. She is just lovely, and so are you. All those kids are scrumcious. Love to you all... precious family.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts