Be encouraged!

As a little change of pace from the daily grind that I try to keep updated with here, I wanted to post some encouragement.
The first few days in April were so hard, so taxing, when I received these letters it was like breathing fresh air again.  
Parts of them are just for me, but I think that the wisdom and hope from these wonderful women in my life should be shared.

"I know we often worry about our own kids in light of these huge taxing tasks, and the disruption of our normal family, ( I have even done that), but they will catch your vision and your heart (like you caught your parents vision...), and they will become little missionaries with you."
And from that same inspiring and encouraging person:
"I am thinking of Gideon hiding in the wine press (understandable in the face of persecution) Yet the Lord calls him a "valiant warrior (Love how God sees beyond our weaknesses), then He has Gideon gather an Army (sets large tasks in front of us), but tells him he has too many soldiers, and keeps reducing them (the Lord loves to be the one to show us that He provides, and loves to make sure we can't take the credit.... He does it over and over doesn't He . Hungry multitude... a few loaves and fishes... no problem for Him. He's awesome."
From another friend who has adopted from Ethiopia, and has served as Travel Agent,  and fund raiser for other adoptions.  She has a real heart for bringing children "home".  
She said, "You aren't doing this to see how far you can be stretched, or if you will go bonkers with 8 small children. Of course not! You are doing this because it is what Jesus would do. You are doing what God called you to, and He and He alone will equip you for it.
You don't need naysayers or people to discourage you, they are toxic for you right now as you struggle through the ugly of the situation God has you in.  He has you in a very important role, imparting His love to His children.
There is no greater joy!!!  He is faithful, He will provide and above all He loves His children. You and the 8 children in your home, both permanently and temporarily. It is not about you or this woman. It is about God's glory.
The joy of the Lord is your strength."

These two women have known me for 10+ years.  They have seen me through some very difficult stuff, and I so so appreciate their wisdom!  

Comments

  1. You may not know it, but your sweet, enthusiastic spirit is an encouragement to all ... me, my girls, and all those who know you. Keep up all the great work Danielle, all our love to you and yours.
    Much Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, those are precious letters!! Those are the kind you keep and read over and over on the hard days, hu? <3 Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so sweet Danielle!!
    Very encouraging and I completely agree with them. I love you so much and am so so proud of you!! You have taught me so much and the respect I have for you as my big sister is so HUGE!! You are so so so precious to me!
    LOVE YOU
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts