April 29th Royal wedding and a surprise visitor

Yesterday, amidst the fun at our friends house Abi took a tumble down the driveway.  When she got home she had quite a bump and a headache, so after motrin and a little dinner she was off to bed. After sleeping for an hour or so she got sick... Poor baby.
This morning the baby decided at 5 that he was DONE sleeping. :-(  
At about 7 he changed his mind as infants often do and went back to sleep.  Well I (having been awake for two hours) saw a golden opportunity. I could make a hot tea, cut me a piece of cake and enjoy the royal wedding while all 8 children still slept!  It was glorious! The music, the pomp, the ceremony!  Even Trey and Benji were enjoying it.  I'm laying on the couch, in my robe, with candles lit, when the doorbell rings!  I go to the door, fully intending on killing whoever was on the other side.  This little man starts to step inside before introducing himself. (He must have thought I was new to this game)  Finally he introduced himself as the case consultant for the new GAL.  He said, "I'm sorry you weren't expecting us, but the GAL its right behind me..." He was right she pulled in the driveway just then.  They came in, I got dressed.  The meeting was fairly routine, until he asked me, for the fifth time, how our baby scratched his head!  Then he wanted a walk through the house.  I showed him the four he was there to check on, and their beds, drawers, cups, towels and toothbrushes. Then he wanted to see the basement. Yuck. Nothing of interest for him down there. No reason for him to ask to see it, but whatever. "How do you plan on getting all this laundry done???"  My response? "One load at a time."  I was starting to lose my cool with him! Back upstairs he says, "Where is this 5yr old that you said was so ' sick' last night?" I explained that she was still asleep, and even though it was nearly ten o clock she needed to sleep!  He excused himself, went down the hall into my room and uncovered her!!!!!  That was it, I said, "I have been more than cooperative, but now if there is anything else you need, you will have to make an appointment." I waited by the door with with it opened in my hand as they gathered their things and left.  
Later in the day I caught this cute picture of our baby playing with Trey. :-)

Sent from myTouch 4G

Comments

  1. umm, WOW,they have some nerve don't they?! unbelievable, glad u threw em out...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts