Twice Baked Potatoes


It's hard to tell in this pic what this is, but that yummy cheese covered thing in the back there is a potato.  :-D

Here's how I make them, although it's a huge recipe, I don't do anything small. ;-)
They are also probably TERRIBLE for you, but I've blogged before about my dis-trust of anything healthy.

1 LG onion diced, and sauteed in butter until clear
10lbs of potatoes SCRUBBED and cooked until tender  350 for 45min or so

Mix together:
One large container of cottage cheese/ or a block of cream cheese
One stick o butter
One lg tub of sour cream
cooked onion
little salt and pepper

After the potatoes cool a little, slice them in half, and scoop out their "innerds" with a spoon leaving "shells" of potato skin to fill later.  I don't scrape them REALLY REALLY clean, I like a little white to help them hold their shape when filled.  Put all the scooped out white stuff in with the cheese mixture and stir like crazy.
Then fill the skins and put on a flat baking sheet. 

Now this recipe makes a HUGE batch, and they freeze GREAT!!!!
So, when you are ready to eat them you just pull them out let them thaw a little, and put some shredded cheese on top and cook again.   350 for  30-45 min depending on how thawed they were.

So so good, I think I'll go make some too! 
Enjoy!
Phillipians 1:3

Comments

  1. MMMMmmm....if only I had some potatos I'd totally go make those right this minute!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! They sound good and look DELICIOUS! I love the idea of being able to freeze them.

    Much love! :)

    P.S. thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. They always bless me..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much danielle! love u, makin em tonight..

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious Danielle. I wish my 3 youngest kids liked cheese, because I would make these in a minute. I wonder if I made them without the cheddar on top... they probably wouldn't know about the cottage cheese.HMmmmm. Well I haven't been blogging for a couple of days; I got behind so fast. I enjoyed reading every one of your up-dates. Always miss you when you don't update for a while, or I don't. Your family life is so so sweet and cozy. Loved the reading by candlelight; what a happy memory for those kids. David is a great daddy. How sweet that you had the Bio Grandma out for dinner. That is wonderful. I bet she "is" so happy her grandchildren are in safe hands. Also, Happy Birthday to Benji... a little late. That Steak Salad looked pretty good by the way, you might have to post that recipe too.
    Much Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. they were scrumptious and having left overs for lunch tomorrow, unless scott kipes them to take to work...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts