8/7 The county fair

I LOVE living out in the country.  I love the air out here, I love the trees, I love the pastures and horses, I love the old houses and I love the wild animals that visit us at dusk.  And now, after today, I LOVE the county fair. 

Our friends do 4H.  (I USED to think that it was kind of a "hick" thing to do, but now, I'm excited for our boys to start.)  Our friends' girls were showing their animals and selling them at auction and they wanted us to come out and say "Hi!"  This week has sort of taken it out of us, being tight money-wise and TOO busy on top of it, WHEW.  So I ask my friend, "How much does it cost to get in?" "Oh nothing, it's free!" she says.  WHAT???  Did I hear that right?  Is anything free anymore?  I mean free for real. . . not free until you order it and it's actually a $500 refund by mail after 6wks kind of thing.  SO, this morning we had breakfast, and loaded up and headed to the fair. 
Isn't the BEST part of any fair the food?
An all you can eat Bar-B-Q!
The carnivores amoung us were THRILLED!!!

Free giant bouncey things.
The little two waiting their turn.
Giant boxing gloves and a bouncey are a GREAT combination!

Climbing in the pen with the goats. 
They were pretty sweet!

Comments

  1. Okay, you're really throwing me off here. I thought you were finished for the day, and as I was up-dating on my blog, my "little up-date alerter thingy" showed me you had another post. And what a cozy one. Makes me want to hunt down a child to take to 4-H. I love this kind of stuff. Looking forward to seeing what your kids get involved with in 4-H.
    Love you lots,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, i want to go to the county fair, looks much more enticing than the money grubbin state fair, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun! Your pics. are too funny! Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you got me inspired to get my kids in 4-H when they are older. I was never in it but always liked the idea of it. I think it will be great fun for your precious babies :) Oh, and I LOVED the pictures of you all eating at the fair. Yes I totally agree that you can't beat those yummy treats the fair provides.

    LOVE YOU
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts