8-18 Banana bread, hospital meeting and grandparents

Yesterday after visitation I got a call from our social worker.  I had written an e-mail to her that morning trying to find out when the "staffing" was with the hospital staff, GAL, Bio family, me and our home licenser.  The social worker and I had a great talk.  She told me that the mom had a laundry list of things she was un-happy with, or just plain old didn't believe when it comes to physical things with the baby.  She told us that although I was required to attend the meeting it wasn't anything I needed to be nervous about.
When we got home we found out that David's truck was dead.  I mean totally, completely, absolutely dead.   Evidently the lights had been on since some time last week.  :-P 
Now we have an issue, David is working 2hours north, and is using our only car to get back and forth.  So what do I do?  I call my friend that I know I can count on.  She offers her car, and a place for the baby.  I don't know how to thank this friend that has become such an important part of our lives. . .

Yeah, this is how I tell her "Thank you"  I put choc chips in it to tell her
"I love you!"

We had the Physical Therapist here this morning, then an hour to get the house together, throw food at little hungry mouths, and get ready to face judge and jury at the hospital.  GREAT news though, our licenser and my friend is going to be able to meet me at the hospital after-all!!!  So I'm not going to face this mess alone.
Ps 2:8  "Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance the ends of the earth your possession."
He said "Ask of me." and let me tell you, this morning I had a list.  My David working so far from home, the bios filing complaints, tough news from the therapists.  I asked Him to make me like women in my life that I admire.  Women that He shines through a beautiful glass hurricane lamp.
At the meeting with the Drs and Nutritionist, the social workers and lawyer, grandmother and her "friend", the bio parents and me.  UGH.  There were lots of accusations, and I think it was really an eye opener for the grandma, seeing that I wasn't making these things up.  My friend and licenser could see me holding my breath when the words would start to fly, and we snacked on peanut M&M's under the table.
When we left the meeting I called my Honey to tell him how it went, and he was there in the hospital, waiting for us outside the elevator.  We raced home in separate cars burning up the cell phone towers between there and home.  Then quick showers and we were welcoming the bio grandma.
We had a great dinner, she was warm, and told us over and over that she was so glad that we had her grandchildren after hearing horror stories about other foster homes.
We told her that we didn't want there to be any animosity, and that we would allow her access to the children no matter where they ended up.  She was very touched, and we parted being friends.

Comments

  1. Danielle you are a women that I pray to be like. You don't even know how much I look up and admire you.

    I can just picture you at the table in the midst of a lot of tension eating M&Ms and showing your strength and loveliness. And I know how hard it must have been! So much I learn from you! Thanks for sharing I love reading about all that has been happening. I pray for you often sweet friend. Much love.......

    ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    You are a colorful moment in a gray world.
    How precious you are to me!!!
    Here where I bare our lives, and am open and vulnerable you are there with welcoming arms.
    You were on that list of women and Godly attributes. . .
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts