8-21 Kite flying

Cool weather, full tummies and fresh from naps.  Everything was lining up for perfect kite flying.
In the past we have had to load up our kites and kids and animals and head to the park.  Today however, we are basking in our country surroundings.
Right outside our front door there is a pasture full of wild flowers that begs to be run through.  Feeling the tops of the grass and flower heads brushing the bottom of your skirt. . . it's pretty close to heaven. 
I'll admit however that we "borrowed" the kite flying idea from a neighbor down the way, we could see theirs bobbing and weaving and decided that ours wasn't only for decoration on Abi's ceiling.  So off the tacks it came.  It was a little dusty but our ever clean Daddy ran it under the sink and then out to dry in the wind and sun.

Getting it ready to pass from big hands to little ones.









David explaining wind currents and up-drafts.
Like rivers  of air in the sky,
and our kites like boats anchored
against the swift currents.




Comments

  1. YAYYY HOW FUN!!! I love your description of being outside in the grass, its as though I am right there..... :)

    I LOVE the pictures! Especially the first one. What a happy day.
    Thanks for sharing Danielle :) I love being in on the fun :)

    I hope you all are doing well. I think of you often.

    Much love sweet friend and sister,

    Yours faithfully,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, how fun is that? gee, i have to stay up so late just to read ur blog, lol, love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Danielle,
    I have so missed reading your precious blog, I am SO behind. I have been so busy this last week and a half and I hate it when I miss all your updates. It is nice in one way because I get to read on and on like a book just published that I have been waiting forever to read :)

    I so loved the kite flying pictures. Those munchkins are just eating up this time with their daddy and the peace that flows in your beloved home. It makes me so glad to know that they have you, I eat it up also.
    LOVE you my dear friend :)
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness those kids are all soooo cute. It sounds like a lovely day. Ahhh, the fresh air is nice and how wonderful to see those precious babies and their Daddy out enjoying it and each other. Always love your updates, and your comments. You are a blessing Danielle.
    Much love always,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I'm looking for your update, where is it? I miss you. Hope you guys are doing good.
    Much love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts