8-11 Benjamin's Birthday

7yrs ago David and I went to the hospital, leaving my sister and her husband to watch Trey at home, Black Floral shirt, and cute skirt, TERRIBLE hair-cut and the butterflies in my stomach. . . they were threatening to revolt. 
I remember David joking with the hospital staff about the scrubs making everyone look like smurfs.
I remember him holding my hand and praying with me as I was numbed to everything but my own nervousness.  The tugging, the pulling, the release of pressure under my ribs, and there he was.  Our beautiful baby Benji.  He was so amazing, I could hear him crying as they passed him from Dr, to nurse, and then to his daddy.  David held him up to my face, and let me breathe him in.  Beautiful, precious, perfect.
Now he is 7.  He is an amazing reader, loves math, is a bit of a terror and everyone that knows him loves him.  He is my most tender hearted, most stubborn, silliest child.   For his birthday all he wanted was to go to Casa Bonita, course he wants EVERYONE we know to come with us, but even though we haven't been able to do that yet, he will be thrilled when we do, and will always remember it as his birthday.  :-D

Trey used his own money to buy Benji a Bionicle! 
(Trey then "helped" him build it for an hour)
Abi bought him a puzzle and pack of gum, which I'm pretty sure is already gone.
Steak salad for dinner. 
It was so so yummy!!!


German for birthday cake.
Those wiggly candles were a HUGE hit!  :-D
Very happy birthday boy. 
I don't remember where we got this Hungry Hippo game, but it HAD to
be a grandmother somewhere. 
My kids LOVE to play it, but those darn little marbles bring out
the OCD in me so bad!  ;-)


Happy Birthday Benji-Boy. 
You are a treasure and a joy!

Comments

  1. HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BENJI! (oh, & i'll go with u to casa bonita, lol) me & ur daddy have great memories of that magical place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would love it if ya'll wanted to come up for real, and come with us. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts