8-4 14kt Cake and Silly Benji

Like I have said before, when I'm stressed I cook.  So today was the BEST carrot cake recipe in the world!!!  It has been in my family for, forever, but I have tweaked it a little to suit our personal taste here.
2c Flour
1 1/2t bk soda
1t salt
2t bk powder
2t cinnamon
2c sugar
1c oil
4 eggs
8.5 oz crushed pineapple (drained)
2c grated carrots
1/2c nuts
1/2 c raisins
Mix together first 5 ingred then add one wet ingred at a time stirring thoroughly.
Pour into a 9x13 glass pan that has been greased and floured.
Bake at 350 for 35-45 min.
NOW for my favorite part.  Watch out for the sugar coma though if you decide to eat it straight out of the bowl.    :-D
1/2c butter softened
6oz cream cheese (room temp)
1c flaked coconut
1t vanilla
2-3 cups of pd sugar


There you go, the perfect stressed out dessert!  :-D


We have fun around here.

Comments

  1. Hello Danielle,
    So good to see your post up-dates, I was missing you. You are such a sweetie; you and your family are soooo cute. Love to see all those pictures. The cake and the grilled cheese sandwiches are making me hungry and it isn't as if we have nothing to eat around here;I just made a batch of chicken soup and a batch of chicken enchiladas, while I was cleaning out my refrigerator and soothing my heart after Nathan and Himilce and family left to return to Phoenix. Why is food so soothing? It just is isn't it? I also like cleaning, as David does, when I am stressed or depressed, so perhaps there is a balance there ha? Cooking, eating, cleaning, can't be anything wrong with that:) So, after I close here, I'm thinking of trying that carrot cake recipe of yours. Keeping you all in our prayers. Also, like your scripture next post down.
    Love ya lots,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm what a cake!!! I can't wait to try this! From now on whenever I am in search for a great recipe I am coming here first! :)

    Much love Danielle!

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrot cake is Jon's FAVORITE!!! I will have to surprise him with this recipe:)

    LOVE
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts