Libby's home!

I texted Libs a few days ago, and asked her what she would want for her special, "Yay you're home!" dinner. She said, "Anything?" Hahaha yup, anything.
Crockpot chili, cornbread, and Apple/Cherry Cobbler.
Perfect! Now I just had to figure out how to make a cobbler! :-D hahaha
I seriously went through about 20 recipes. Finally found one that promised to use ONLY what you had in your pantry already. Ha! In "All-Recipes" defense, maybe it's just my pantry. ;-)

Here's my recipe, it turned out perfectly, although admittedly I was nail biting until I got the "thumbs up" from the family. :-)

4 c sliced/peeled/blanched apples
1 lg can of cherry pie filling

2c flour
1c wht sugar
1/2 T baking soda
6 T butter (softened)
1t salt
1 can of evaporated milk

Put the fruit in the bottom of a 9x13
Put all the other ingredients in your stand mixer and let it get going good. :-)

350* degrees for 35min.

We served with ice cream or whipped cream.
Yum!!!
Welcome home Libby we love you very very much!


Comments

  1. Looks Awesome. Thanks for the recipe. It is fun when they come and go isn't it? Fun to prepare and look forward to them.
    Love you bunches,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts