Baby K

My cream palette-d kitchen is beginning to take on some salmon and pink tones. The baby and I have been up since 2:19, and clearly sleep isn't happening. K and I have been shedding more than a few tears together tonight. I thought about pouring my heart into this blog... But then the thought occurs. #1 it would probably come out in one long ramble. #2 my real heart is to bring glory to my creator and He already knows each tear.
Because I'm up with Baby K, I have lots of time to contemplate/pray for, her situation.
Here it is in a nutshell.
Her bio momma, is in and out of jail. I would only be speculating as to the reasons. (Do they really matter anyway?)
She has had 4 visits in the last 6mo.
I've told you about a few of them.
Her bio dad, is a nice, mild mannered, shy guy. He works two jobs, and has never missed a visit that he didn't give plenty of notice for. (You wonder how they got together, don't you? Me too.)
Last week his car "threw a rod". Now, I'm no mechanic but it doesn't sound like a good thing for a car to do! And I know how upset he was about it. He was worrying out loud to me, that it was gonna make Social Services that much more on his back, (we've been praying about an opportunity to present itself) so I said, "You know, David and I want to help you and Kali. And we wanted you to know, that if we were able to adopt K, we would never keep her from you. We would continue to have visits, and you would be a part of our family." He said, "thank you, I'll think about it." But when he saw me later that day at the transfer he hugged me. :-) I don't know what God will do. I don't know if these hours in the middle of the night will be the only things I can keep... But The Lord knows. He has created me for such a time as this, to hold this sweet, restless babe, and I will do my part to cherish her.
My heart's cry this morning is that God would redeem these hours, these tears shed with and for this sweet, finally sleeping babe. That I would comfort her heart, as much as she has comforted mine.

Comments

  1. Danielle, you are so precious. Yes, I believe with all of my heart that our precious Heavenly Father will redeem all these hours, both in this age, and in the one to come. I told you a while back, I had that dream about you, and there were all these children in and out of your house, and playing (they were actually swimming in a little pond at your house). The dream gave me such a precious picture of what a haven you have given to these babies. You and David are such a blessing. I just got caught up on your previous posts, and what fun it is to read all that is happening. I am loving every detail.
    Love and Blessings Sweetie,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are very precious Danielle and you are doing such wonderful things. God is going to bless you for everything that is transpiring in your everyday lives. Hold on to those dear sweet moments for they are your treasures in heaven.I just love to read all the updates to go with your remodel, I so can't wait to see the final product!! So, so excited for you.
    Blessings Always,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts