Shopping with Shirley

Before I tell you about our day, let me just say, that I would love this to be a regular segment. ;-)
Everyone should have a Miss Shirley. :-)

The idea was that we would go to Super Target and just whip out a registry! However, the reality was a little different.

You know when you go into a store, and you think you have an idea of what you want... Then you're looking around and the more you look, the less sure you are of what you wanted? Yeah, that was me. So, were standing in the home decor aisle, and sweet Miss Shirley says to me, "What on this whole wall do you really love?"
Enter picture number one. I know they're just napkins, but aren't they pretty?!?
She smiled, nodded, agreed that the colors were great (red and cream, how can you go wrong???) then said, "Think bigger!" :-)
We walked around a bit more, talked about some storage ideas. Then she said, "Let me introduce you to Home Goods." Now, if you're like me, your thinking, what or who is a "Home Goods"?
We hopped in her car, and drove the little ways up Parker, chatting, having a wonderful afternoon. Her with her gummy bears, and me with my tea. :-)
Home Goods is what you would get if Ross and Pier 1 had a baby. ;-). It's wonderful in there! A visual feast for the color indulgent girl! I'm tellin ya, it's hard not to want one of everything!
We went walking through, reaching out to touch the pillows, trace the embroidery, open the cabinets, and just took it all in. Then we saw the mirrors!!! We found a big, beautiful, thick black trimmed mirror, that was $169!!! It was beautiful!!!
If you are looking for just the right accent, or need some ideas on how to finish the entry way in your home, check out this blog!
http://www.homegoods.com/blog/2011/08/04/5-places-to-use-mirrors-in-your-home/
They have a neat search engine that you can just type anything into, and up pops these style idea blogs! Well worth a browse!
Oh we had fun!!! Ran into my sweet pastor's wife, chatted for a bit, and then we hit the road again.
Next we went to Home Depot. I have to say, shopping with a girlfriend in Home Depot is FUN!
Shopping with your husband and 8 children in tow, looking for just the right nut or bolt... Not so much. ;-)
We looked at tiles, laminate flooring, shower heads, light fixtures, ceiling fans, curtains and paint. Lots and lots of paint! The second picture is our little man helping mommy.
At the end of our shopping/idea day, we decided to call in "the professional". :-)
I'm working on a blog to introduce you to my new friend.
Meanwhile, check out this website. http://www.mylifewithstyle.com/Home_Page.php





Comments

Popular Posts