I admit, I'm a baby nerd.

I realized tonight as my boys were laughing themselves silly, that I haven't documented much about baby #2.

Because he was born 3 mo early he is tough to feed. We finally got the suck reflex to go great guns, now we are desperately trying to get him to eat....from....a....spoon! He is hyper-extending all over the place! The food comes out, the mouth doesn't want to open, he doesn't sit. Since we can't show you pictures of this fun process, here are some pictures of me during a feeding session. :-D

Photobucket
It starts out with me doing my best, "This is yummy!" face. Our occupational therapist says this helps.
Photobucket
Our children used to eat like little birds, fast and furious; screaming when it took too long to re-load the spoon. Baby number 2 ears more like a full grown hen. Pecking, bobbing, and completely satisfied to work his little mouth as if he actually had gotten some food in!
Photobucket
He zigs, I zag.
Photobucket
Sometimes I think he's daring me to get that spoon past his little locked lips!
Photobucket
I tried to talk our occupational therapist into letting us just skip to table food... Evidently "studies" suggest
that eating from a spoon is a life skill. ;-)

Praise the Lord for the good eaters in your life, right now we're WORKING on eating two hours a day around here.
I was made for this and am so happy to be a mom!

Comments

  1. So cute Danielle,
    I love that you are a baby nerd... a much needed, and not highly available commodity.

    It is all a part of the Harvest isn't it. Maybe not the same as we picture when we talk about the harvest, but a part of it none the less.
    "The fields are white for harvest, therefor pray to the Lord of the harvest to send forth workers, for the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few". That's you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts