Happy Birthday to Me

I have said before that this blog is about memory keeping. I'm all about keeping it real. Keep that in mind as you read this post. My birthday started out with promise, the promise of a new/cheaper set of phones for David and I. Promise of another year as mom and wife in my sweet family. The promise of a court case coming to a satisfactory end. (more on that later) After two hours trying to sort out the phone situation with no luck. My friend called to say happy birthday and asked how I was. I was sitting in the car with two sleeping babies watching my big kids enjoy the slides and crying. Self pity, party of 1. After a great talk, (she always makes me feel better) I headed to the court house. Death of the quick close on the court case. Not to be discouraged, we went to Wal-Mart where I bought everything to make my favorite ice-cream pie, and my own birthday present. When David finally had a break in his day he called, I asked/informed him that I would like to spend a little of the alloted grocery money on a gift for myself. His response, "Yeah sure, cuz, t...o...day is your birthday..." Poor guy, he had never forgotten in 13 yrs. He felt so bad! He stopped on the way home and bought me a necklace attached to a little corduroy bear that Abi promptly named her "Cupcake" and negotiated some quality time with her. We had a great time our little family. We ate dinner and had a fantastic dessert. Grasshopper pie! Photobucket Here's another look. Photobucket I "MAY" have had two pieces...my sisters who are dieting would be "tut-tut-tut"ing about now. ;-) My sweet friend asked us to come for lunch on Sun. Look how cute her little one is! Photobucket You know you're with a kindred spirit when she offers you the beater. ;-) Photobucket We had a great lunch! And the cupcakes were YUM! Photobucket She went all out. Really made us feel like family. My birthday was spread out over the next two weeks. I asked the kids for Fall decorations for my presents. Photobucket If pictures came with smells you would be enjoying my secondary gifts from my kiddos. They bought Pecan Pie candles! Don't you love my "miniature pumpkins"? The children have eaten them all, but I'm replenishing my stash tomorow and making a GREAT centerpiece I'll share this weekend. I'm so excited! :-D Photobucket My mom sent me this adorable M&M container. It will have a special place of honor in my new kitchen scheme! One of my therapy friends gave me the creamy pumpkin hand soap and two candles! They both totally have me pegged. :-) My sister sent me a cedar box with TEA stenciled in silver on the front. I'm saving that picture for my kitchen re-do unveiling. :-D (love it!) The promise of being the mother to 6 great, colorful kids and wife to a man who is not perfect, but is a perfect mate for me is still alive and well. And after everything is said and done, that is all I'm called to. I am blessed!

Comments

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Danielle! Would love to have been there with you. Perhaps next year... I have to remember to write down the date.. you are a September baby, same as Nathan and Luke and son in law Benjamin and Grandson Elon and Barry... and, and, lets see, well it is a popular baby birthing month to be sure. Now what is the official birthday date? I say stretch the celebration out all month if possible. Sometimes it works like that, and is kind of fun.
    Love You bunches,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts