Girl THAT is love!

When I told my friend about what my husband did for me this weekend, her response was, "Girl, THAT is love!" Here's the story. My sweet husband works so hard, and sleeps even harder. Every once in a while he talks in his sleep. So last week he says, "What would you wear if I took you somewhere fancy?" My reply, "Babe I don't think I'll need a new dress for the movies." The next morning he asked me to line up the babysitter for the day after our anniversary. Then a few days later I was taking to my friend who was going somewhere fun!!!! A few days after that I told my husband about it. He said, "When are they going??" We talked about their plans a little and the he says, "We're going the next day!" I'm shocked! I'm incredulous! How??? My husband sold his games, made sacrifices and bought us tickets to... drum roll please........ LES MISERABLES!!! So so exciting! Next comes the big question... "WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?" David told me on thurs, "I had $150, the tickets were a hundred. That gives you $50 to get a dress." I don't know about you, but that sparked an idea in me. What if I didn't spend all $50, I could get an accessory or two! This is where the pic on facebook comes in. Photobucket Most everyone voted for the black and blue on the left. I don't trust myself with buying an expensive dress without David, (who b-t-w has great taste), and my little people I was shopping with were really hoping for an outfit that looked like a cross between Liberace and Liza Minelli. (Ha! Made myself laugh!) So I called my go to fashion consultant and had a virtual "fitting". She picked out a great one with these things in mind! Les Mis is 3 hrs long. Impressing David was the main goal. Long term functionality. Photobucket Here's the winner! So so pretty on! Comfortable! Dressy! A little sexy. AND 50% off! Aghhh! That left plenty of money for these gorgeous accessories! Photobucket I STILL had money left over so I bought two packages of my honey's favorites cookies and wrapped them. :-D Girl, THAT is love!

Comments

  1. I can't wait to see pictures!! We're going to Les Mis in November!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY that was my favorite dress out of the three! I am SO excited to hear all about it and to see your beautiful self all dressed up!! David is SO sweet and I love how you want to please him. Such a good wife to look up to. Gets me all inspired to dress up for my man and do something special together!! I LOVE IT!!!

    LOVE YOU MUCH!!

    Oh yeah I wanted to tell you that I loved the verse you posted a few posts back so much, Psalms 90: 16, 17. So I looked it up later and read it, and the next day I read it again. Prayed that the Lord would gives us His delightful work, Elizabeth and I both got started on a delightful sewing project that we are having a blast with as I type.
    Thanks so much Sis!!
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!

    I love all the things you chose.

    My husband took me to see Les Mis a long time ago. I loved it, and he enjoyed it a lot more than he thought he would too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love David for sacrificing a little to do something so special for you!!
    How stinkin' FUN to go to Les Mis! Hope you have tons of fun and feel super gorgeous and sexy in your pretty new outfit!! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts