Downtown Aquarium 5

Oakie took us back downstairs to the gift shop where we met up with Allison! Allison knows everything there is to know about.....
Drum roll....... Otters!!!!
She took us through a full spectrum of back hallways, (I swear that place is like a catacomb! A fishy, humid, catacomb.) ;-)
When we got where we were going and they lifted the rope, we started behind the rock wall, a little boy and his mother were walking past. He asked her why we got to go back there. None of us answered him, his mom was already taking care of it. But Benji heard the exchange between them and looked at me, giving me his little eyebrow wiggle, and you could just see the pride on his face!!!!
We walked back to a small room where Emmitt and Blue were being fed! (There is a 3rd little guy, but I can't remember his name.) Anyway, their trainers are feeding them fish in response to a series of tricks! My favorite was playing dead, but rolling over and standing up tall were great too. ;-). The kids were just in love with them instantly, and let me tell ya, even though they had been warned NOT to touch the gate, all three littles tried to, multiple times!! After we watched them being fed and trained , we went back out to their habitat and had a whole new appreciation for their antics in and out of the water!
I can not say enough about Oakie Mitchell, he was so amazing!! We have a little three yr old, with zero boundaries, and he held her hand the entire day!
After the otters Oakie took us outside to a patio overlooking downtown. The weather was perfect, warm, with a cool breeze.
Brad had a little interview station with 8 chairs all lined up for us. Here's where my nerves kicked in, film me being a mom, sure! Mic me talking to the kids and interacting, OK! But turn that camera my direction and I turn back into a 3rd grader that studders!!! Thankfully, David did great!!! And I was happy for him to take the lead!!!
Next, Oakie introduced us to Desirae! (He was literally right with us the entire day, and we are soooooo grateful to him for everything!!! But he had a meeting to attend.). It was Desirae's job to wrap up our day and she was FANTASTIC!!!














Comments

Popular Posts