May 27th A meeting and an explanation

We were supposed to have this meeting on wed, but something came up for our social worker so she offered to bring the kids home from visit today.  After therapy our babysitter was dropped off and I hit the road with the troupe.  On the way there I found out that the bio mom hadn't brought lunch for them, so we stopped at Sonic. In the two blocks between sonic and the center I gave the girls an, "I'm serious, are you hearing me?" talk, about this food being for them... The 4 almost 5yr old has been giving her mom her meals lately.  (very sweet, but inappropriate!)
Being able to take them, drop them off and stop for groceries, just me and Abi was a treat!  And she and I snacked and chatted the whole time!  
The social worker brought them all home, we got them settled with snacks and coloring books and she gave us the skinny.  
The bio mom hasn't signed up for any classes yet. The state wants her to have someone living with get and the kiddos until the next baby is born.  The problem with that is that she can't find someone that will pass the background check.
The state is saying at least 90 days more.
This brings us to a place of some decision making.  Can we continue this way? In a few short months the older two will be in school.  Can we continue getting sitters etc.  I think that the house/school/visits needs are all a matter of time management on my part.  But there are some serious other questions.  
#1. Do we buy a van?
#2. Finish the basement?
#3. Hire two college age girls to watch the kids once a week so David and I can spend some time together?  
Or the final option #4. Split the children up. And just keep two of them.
We have been trusting the Lord to guide and direct this far, we are praying for a clear direction from Him now.  

I would appreciate you praying for us in this as well!

Comments

Popular Posts