A sweet visit

One of my favorite things about our home makeover is all the visitors we've had!!!
My grandparents visit was especially fun!!!

One of Grandmas favorite stories to tell, is of me, playing in Grandpa's office when one of the people from his church came to visit and I greeted them, with, "Are you here to see my Grandpa-pastor?" He was mine! My personal play friend. He taught me to paint rocks, and trace the outlines of pictures before coloring them. He knew I was feeling like a nerd at school and made me a tunnel of terror in our basement out of packing boxes. We invited my whole class and then he led us in game after game in true youth pastor style. (I was the cool kid for the whole night, and I'll never forget it!!)
My grandma used to get up before we did, (when we visited them in Northern California) and she would hand squeeze us fresh orange juice. No other juice has ever lived up to those standards! She made fudge and let me lick the spoon. She makes THE BEST sugar cookies! (which she always overlooked one batch of, just for grandpa!). She led our ladies bible study, which was always the highlight of my week. (Even though I was too shy to share with the rest of the group.) She made me the most beautiful dresses for school. My favorite was a navy blue one with a full 50's style skirt.
The list could go on and on, but I will just add one more.
When David and I were engaged they offered to do our pre-marital counseling. We laughed and cried. We shared secrets and dreams. They encouraged us to put God first in our marriage, and more than that, they lived out the example for us.
One of my little sisters offered to bring them, so they could see the new house, and be with us for a few hours. Thank you Kimberly!!!!! (She also brought food!!!)
We had a wonderful time, it was over too quickly, but we treasured every minute!!
I love you Grandma and Grandpa!!!
You are so precious to me!







Comments

Popular Posts