Our last official function

The last few months have been a blur of activity. 
From April to June 19th we have had inspectors, cameras, roofers, painters, new friends and an army of realtors.  And as excited as I was to get everyone dressed up and pretty for the breakfast, I was also sad.  It was our last official function.  These people have become family.  We've laughed and cried together, spent whole days together and it coming to an end was very sad. 
The day before the breakfast my friend and I went shopping for some outfits for all of us.  
Aren't we cute?!? 
I pretty much have 1 nice dressy dress. So picking a palette was a snap! :-) 
Similar, but not too matchy. 
We had to leave the house at 7am, so EVERYTHING had to go perfectly that morning. Clothes, hair things, and shoes were all laid out the night before. 
Pretty hair.  Had to get it on film, this girl won't leave ANYTHING in her hair for long. 
Love the hot pink accents!!! 
Half the little people went back to sleep on the way. 
Isn't he handsome? 
I have eyes behind those glares... I swear!
That good lookin fella in the sport coat is Tony.  Great guy! And his fellow realtors all seem to love him! 
Having some fruit and pup cakes. AKA muffins. :-) 
Dixie from the Colorado Adoption Coalition presented us with this plate, painted by "Oliver" a foster child who was adopted.  She was so genuine and gracious! I'm looking forward to being able to thank her personally. :-) 
We had a great time seeing everyone who worked so hard to bring this project to such a successful end. 
We made some little "thank you"s a few weeks ago with a friend of mine! (Love you Shelly!!!)
Here I am cleaning them. :-) 
Yes, I know they're just rocks... But we're going to be handing them out, they should be clean!!
This is my sweet friend Shelly!  She brought that huge pile of Choc Chip cookies, I think there were 2 left when we were done. :-). She also always brings me a dr pepper. I've never once asked her to. But when she was in charge of the nursery workers she would bring us our favorites every once in a while and she still does, 3 yrs later!  She is a treasure!!  (And she'll totally hate that I made a big deal about her! ;-)) 
Fingerprint hearts on one side. "Thanks! You rock!" On the other side. 
All of the children did ten rocks, but that still left 60 more. So Abs gladly stepped in, and between us, her finger just made the perfect size!!! 
Here they all are, drying. 
At the end the children handed them out as people were trying to escape to their cars. :-) 
I wish we had a picture of it. Maybe someone got one I can add later. :-)

Keller Williams, My Life With Style, BAC Appliances, Eco Roof, A&A painting, John and Marilyn VanSteenburg.  Thank you all!!! We are so blessed, and humbled by your generosity! 

God bless you!

Comments

  1. I am having a relaxing Saturday catching up on blogs; what fun I am having reading these posts, and getting the update on all the re-models... it all looks so, so good. I would love to come up and see it all. What an amazing bunch of people to bless you like this. I love how you went shopping and coordinated all of you clothes for the final breakfast; you all looked so beautiful and handsome. Love the "thank you rocks"... adorable idea, and something that will leave a lasting memory of your precious family and what must have been a very rewarding project for all of them.
    The bedrooms for the kids (on the previous posts), are great!! I imagine all of you so cozy and snug in your remodeled home.
    Love you bunches,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like you all are very blessed by the outpouring of love and a great bunch of people to make it all happen. I loved all the pretty dresses and hair pretties. I bet you were all one classy group of people!! I love the rock idea, so creative!!
    Enjoy your Summer!
    Love Ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts