Dec 2nd A decision

So, last week the bio mom said no to Disneyland. Didn't give any real reason, but said no. Here's the thing, if we can't take them with us, where do they go for ten days? What they need is called emergency respite care. Since Isaac is considered medically fragile he can't just go to any respite home. And because we are leaving in just over a week... They called an emergency hearing. The lawyer called to tell me that they would be going to court. She wanted to make sure she had all her information straight. She told me that generally these hearings are only 45 min long... Of course we were on pins and needles and after an hour the lawyer called. She said that the judge had called a recess because the parents and grandmother had gotten so emotional and they hadn't even mentioned the trip yet! Three hours later she called to tell me that after a lot of breaks, and recesses the judge dismissed all the allegations and their opposition. He ruled that they would both go. Yay!!
We will be going to The Happiest Place On Earth, all 7 of us!

Comments

  1. Oh I am so so glad they were able to go with you! I know your heart has had to be so strong! You are so brave Danielle! Thanks for the update and I can't wait for part 3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I am so glad to see that you are back up and running. I have been enjoying a lovely catch up with a cup of coffee this morning. I have not been quite as frequent these last couple of weeks myself... way too much going on, and have been out of town a couple of times. It looks like you have had some battles. The Lord is truly faithful even through all the hardships isn't He? I am so glad you are all getting to go to Disneyland... that sounds like such fun, just the picture of it makes me feel joyous.

    Love you so much sweetie,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts