Dec 21st A Surprise Visitor

Dec 11th we went on an amazing family vacation. Courtesy of my parents, Thank you mom and dad!! We stayed in fun hotels, stayed up late eating snacks and seeing sights. It was fun FUN fun! Yesterday we returned home. Laundry piles the size of Kilimanjaro, but enough fun memories to sustain us.
This morning we got up, found some clean clothes and headed to visitation. In the rear view mirror I can see Alex picking at a little scab under his right eye. He got a small scratch our first day in Ca and being three years old just felt this un-dying need, this compulsion to pick, pick, pick. Warnings of an impending scar be hanged! :-)
Visit was fairly un-eventful, dropped the boys off, stopped for a pizza and headed home. I hadn't been home very long when I received a call from the visitation supervisor. (never a good sign) She said, "Bio mom found a little scratch under Alex's eye. When she questioned him about it, he said that David gave him the scratch when he threw him into the tub." Now to you and I this seems like a small thing, but the bio mom assumes that in a fit of rage my husband threw the boy into the tub and somehow in the scuffle he sustained injuries and the little scab is the only proof left. The supervisor said "I couldn't see the scratch she was refering to, and tried to talk her down but she insisted on filing a report." I thanked her for the call and immediately called my hubby. The rest of the afternoon went by quickly. Being down to three children instead of five you would be amazed at how quickly things can get done.
David got home from work, we had dinner and the grandma brought the boys back. Alex was finishing off a mountain dew, and the baby was covered in food! Yuck. Oh well. David is dealing with her solely at this point. I have trouble being nice.
When I went to the door to make sure they were gone, I thought I saw someone... I look again, it's 7:30 at night no-one would be out there at this time of night... I close the curtain but just can't shake the feeling that someone is out there. I call for David, he looks out but assumes that my imagination is playing tricks on me. After much debate I talk my brave protector into going out into the darkness that is our front yard to appease me. Watching from the front door I see David's silhouette disappear into the darkness and hear a woman's voice say, "I guess you were expecting me." David, "That depends on who you are." It's another county investigator... I'm afraid I may not have been very nice. I told her I thought it was highly un professional to be sneaking around the house in the dark. Also that proper protocol for this type of investigation requires that they call our home supervisor, which she didn't. Anyway, David was very nice, told her that we were very familiar with the order if things and to just let him know where she wanted to start. After she interviewed Alex and our other children, we put them to bed and she explained that she couldn't even see the scratch, and felt that it was a misunderstanding of a three year old's version of events. Come to find out, Alex had scratched his face on the beach, David said, "Come on I'm throwing you boys in the tub." And after getting everyone out of the tub he noticed the scratch and asked Alex about it.
So, exonerated again.
And next time I tell David I think someone is outside he will take me seriously.

On a side note, in order to feel somewhat safe in my own home we will now be storing our baseball bat near the front door.

Comments

  1. Yikes! that is sorta scary!! Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH!!! SO irritating, they think just because you are watching children in state custody that they have the right to just invade your HOME whenever they want to! GRRRR! On the upside -that meant y'al spent Christmas at Mom and Dads, so it wasn't ALLLL bad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is just nuts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts