Create a life you don't need a vacation from

                   How many of y'all have heard this quote??

Show of hands.



Every once in a while I come across a saying that has gone viral and sticks in my brain... like an annoying splinter. 

It pinches, and pokes out when I try to smooth it over. 

I tell myself, live and let live. 

Let them build a life that they don't need a vacation from. 

It's not for me, but that's cool. 

But lately I've really felt like it needs to be addressed. 

I know lots of momma's that are "leaving it all on the field" in thier daily lives. 

SO many families that are barely making it through the day, and then they see a quote like this and they feel inadequate. 

YOU ARE NOT LESS. 

YOU ARE MORE!!!! 

This morning I was challenged by my grandma, 
(who is so wise, and funny what a GIFT) 
to see what the Bible says about "it". 
Whatever we are talking about, we first need to proof it in the Bible. 

SO, I looked it up. 



0 Bible results for "vacation"

0 Results for that word. 

Now of course there are other words for vacation...

REST  is one of them. 
But in EVERY CASE it is mentioned in reference to coming to HIM for rest! 

Mommas, and Daddies, 
You are not less because you are living every moment for your children. 
You are not less because you crawl in to bed at the end of the day completely spent. 
You are not less because your bank account has $10 in it. 
You are not less because your passport is stamp free. 
YOU ARE MORE. 

We are not to live a life of leisure. 

We are supposed to live a life dedicated to HIS purpose.

NOW, if that includes travel, and you have visited all the continents and have favorite cities all around the world, I THINK THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Maybe this post isn't for you. 

Maybe the quote above is on your wall, and you think this is dumb. 

Feel free to leave me a comment, and set me straight. 

BUT,
My prayer is for the parents that are struggling.
That they would find encouragement.
That you would be filled with HIS strength.
Friends, your reward in heaven will be great. 
Your children are your legacy.
Your bank account will be filled to brim when you face Jesus.


Heaven requires no passport. 




Comments

Popular Posts