Rest? What's That?

If I say to you, "When was the last time you felt rested?" 
You would laugh. 

But what if I asked you how much you wanted to weigh? 
You'd have an immediate answer. 

NO, this is not a weight loss post.

This is me, preaching to the choir, but MAYBE you'll see a good reason to do what you already know you should be.

I had a great "Quiet time" this morning.

By that, I don't mean that I had uninterrupted time alone to gather my thoughts, and drink my coffee in peace.
^THAT^ doesn't happen.

And in an effort to "keep things real", this is my own fault.

We had therapy here this morning.  Mon and Fri our therapist have all 5 littles occupied at the same time.  (this is the ONLY part of my whole week where I could put thoughts of mothering aside for 2hrs at a time.) But I don't.  I open my laptop, where my Bible study waits for me. I turn it on, and while it's waking up, I make my coffee. Then I find a spot, and get settled in.  This lasts for a whole 10min until I think, "They are having so much fun out there, I've got to take a pic!!"







See what I mean?? Distracting, right??

So, yes, I had a great quiet time, but not because it was quiet.
But because it stuck with me.
Tonight watching a re-run of a favorite medical show, while I worked, it came back to me!!

"Take time to be still in My Presence. The more hassled you feel, the more you need this sacred space of communion with Me. Breathe slowly and deeply. Relax in My holy Presence while My Face shines upon you. This is how you receive My Peace, which I always proffer to you." Jesus Calling

This morning when I read it, I laughed a little on the inside.
"The more hassled you feel..." Oh my goodness, does THIS resonate with me!!
Hassled. Hahahaha

Then I saw this.


How many of these symptoms describe you?

*Lost Memories
(when was the last time you lost your phone, or keys, or phone???)

*False Memories
(I could swear that I turned off the oven!!)

*Anger
(No raised hands here please.)

*Cerebral Shrinkage
(Ok, I have no idea how they measure that... but I'm pretty sure my brain has shrinkage.)

*Impaired Wit
(I was DEFINITELY funnier 10yrs ago)

*Cronut Binges
(Brain Connection GETS ME!!)

*Hallucinations
(I thought this one was silly, but my children and husband will tell you I see OR hear things that never happened. ie, "I'll do the dishes." OR "You never told me to pick up my clothes.")

*Risky Decisions
(I'm not a risk taker by nature... But I have been known on occasion to attempt grocery shopping with 8 hungry/cranky/whiney children.)

*Head In The Clouds
(If you read the fine print here it mentions Phoebe from Friends. hahaha
That show cracks me up, but I'm not hoping to star in a coffee shop singing "Smelly Cat" anytime soon.)

and lastly,

*Brain Damage
(They go so far as to say, Irreperable damage.  So one day, when we get to sleep in, or rest on a warm beach somewhere, we can't ever "catch up"... That's terrifying!!)


I'm banking on quality VS quantity. 
If you have information that undermines that ideal, keep it to yourself.
Quality is all I've got going for me!

Quality quiet time, coffee, and drives that include beautiful sceneries like this one.




Comments

Popular Posts