Dear couple from Texas Roadhouse

~Thank you for for smiling when you saw that they were seating our family next to yours.
~Thank you for raising the kind of teenager that smiled and waved to our little screamer, and then picked up his paper menu a million times.
~Thank you for setting a good example to us of parents taking their "baby of the family" out to a special dinner to talk about her future and relationships.
~Thank you for encouraging me, and saying, "You have the patience of Job", and laughing at my lame joke about wishing our tents would collapse every once in a while so I wouldn't have to clean them. ;-)
~Thank you for helping my husband move the high chair every time he needed to take a "little" to the restroom.
~Thank you for smiling and winking when some of our children needed firmer direction while waiting for their food.
~Thank you for recognizing our older children, commending them for being generous in sharing their mom and dad.
~Thank you for paying for our dinner! It was completely unexpected and such an encouragement!

Dear sweet couple from Texas Roadhouse,
If you ever DO miss the "good ol days" when your children were spilling their drinks and fighting over the last bread roll, please join us for dinner in our home! (We promise not to throw tantrums, or mashed potatoes!)

Sincerely,
Mother of 8


Comments

  1. I hope one of my nieces waited on you! Wonderful story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how sweet. It got me choked up. I hope
    to be like those people in my life... what a wonderful example. I am blessed by your blessing.

    Love ya bunches,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts