How to survive a long day

Today was long...

*Here are some highlights.

*Answered the door in my Jammie's, (who are we kidding, I do this ALOT)

*Strange phone call from a bio family member stating visitation rules had been lifted. (Umm, no!)

*Rush to the car with 3/8ths of our children yelling over my shoulder to my worried husband that I will indeed be making phone calls all the way to visitation, and will NOT be dropping off any little treasures until the situation had been rectified.

*Six calls later find out that in fact the rules are still in place, field a number of "perhaps you simply misunderstood..." Remarks. (I may have murmured something irritably after I hung up)

*Handing baby K to a fresh from jail bio. (Kills)

*Receiving a text from the supervisor that "bio" has reached her limit with baby K and would like me come back for the baby an hour early. (Can't say I minded this part one little bit!)

*Confrontation with above mentioned "bio", in which I am accused of plotting to steal baby K from her, and then in the same breath reveals her plan to do that exactly with the bio dad.

*Calling the GAL to re-count the event, calling my husband to recount the recounting. ;-) (grammatical suicide)

*Crying in WalMart. (This may be the pinnacle of the long day, not my finest moment.)

*Driving to meet the other half of baby K's family, saying goodbye to baby K...again...

*Picking up the 3 and 4yr old from their visit.

*Meeting my husband to transfer our 4 into my car as he headed to work. (Like two ships in the night) Waiting for baby K to be done with her visit.

*Driving home with 7 sweet, little treasures that have been in the car a collective 7hrs, and are getting a little stir crazy.

This brings us to the "how to" part of surviving a day like this.

Wile I was crying in Wal-Mart my husband encouraged me to trust God. He knows every inch of this situation, and already knows the outcome, and loves our little people, even more than I do. (Honey, you talked me off a few cliffs today. You are Gods gift to me.)
Text a friend and plot the "Weeding out" of certain undesirables. (Love you Amy!)
Facebook a friend about something exciting on our horizon! (No, we're not pregnant, but it will be EPIC! And Zan, you're one of my people!)
And food. I mean, seriously. You were waiting to hear about the food. Right?

We call these potato bowls.

Layer:
Instant potatoes
One can of corn
Popcorn chicken
Shredded cheese
And brown gravy

Cook for 10min at 425*


These are heavenly, and I know, probably not super nutritious, but we are talking about survival here! :-)












Comments

  1. Love you and loved reading this!! Miss you sO much! You might as well be in Africa :( hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. In AFRICA, with ME :)! Praying for you guys and for your Mama's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you sure do have some endurance. It makes me feel like taking some muscle relaxants and a box of chocolates. You are very precious... you and your hubby and brood of 7. Love reading your updates.
    Love you bunches,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I meant to tell you that your dinner sounds yummy. Meat, potatoes and gravy and corn how can you go wrong?

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like a busy day! Just remember God loves you and you are doing "His work". Only a special few can handle all that you are doing, cause I don't think I could do it!
    What a fun dinner idea. I got that one written down. It sounds yummy-o!
    Take Care (and eat some brownies)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts